Discuss 2392 course in Birmingham in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steveautomation

Hi,

I will be doing my 2392 the end of this month.

I have not touched a test meter for about 8 - 9 years since doing my am2.

i just wanted to know what the course involved i.e practical wise?

Is there anything i could do with brushing up on before the course? or will the course cover everything needed, i.e going through all the theory and practical?

i think one of the members of this forum may be running the course in Birmingham (ETS).

Steve.

Did my 17th update with ets in Birmingham your in good hands,I wouldn't worry about it they know there stuff and know how to teach it to you so it sticks ready for the exam,free tea and cofee as well!
Steve or John will be on this forum somewhere and always ready to help when advice is needed

Hi jon how long was your course?

hi mate

3 days monday was going through calcs and regs refreshing knowledge before exam
tuesday was exam 50 questions main part of exam was testing 36ish questions take note of your senses ie taste touch etc lots of questions on that.
wednesday testing cu ( full eic ) 2 hours to do + paperwork , i had a cooker radial, ring final & lighting radial to test. straight forward.
jon

Newsome3 you are very central so you have a chosen of a number of location N, E, W or S

This exam is classed as a level 2 exam and is only single phase aimed at mainly for domestic installers. It consists of a practical assessment and a online exam. A good start to testing as when you do the 2391 it is considered you know how to test

Make sure you select carefully as money is at stake

As people have said it may be considered a watered down version of the 2391 by sparks but the difference is testing single phase or three phase and what you require. The fairy at the top of the tree is the 2391 but having a testing qualification is better than not having one

2392 is now coming into its own as the pass rate in the UK 23 for 2391 averages about 40%. As i said 2392 consists of a practical assessment and a online exam (50 questions). It is designed to teach you testing so you need to select your centre to get the most of what you are paying for

At the end of the day you know your capabilities. a lot of sparks go straight for 2391 I guess because we try to save money and we believe we are capable of testing installations

Its your call

Reply to 2392 course in Birmingham in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net