Discuss 2392 Course Information where & what ? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MIK23

Hi All,

Sincere apologies if the query doesnt belong to this, in that case please advice where to post this.

I am looking for 2392 course and exam which is initial testing and inspection, I have noted 2392-10 is the course name is that any different contents ?

I am based on Birmingham area and company will support for this qualification. Can I request to all experienced guys for a good course training center. I like to make the most of this opportunity. I have M Eng degree in Electrical Eng and some work experience in design as well.

would appreciate some information on books Mock tests online as well.

Many thanks

mik

C&G 2392 has finished, and has been replaced with the slightly harder 2394.

ETS in Witton were the best Trainer out there, but I think they may have stopped trading, but give them a ring to find out.

From what I have read, 2394 is a more thorough course.
I havent done it. I did 2392 many years ago, and found it very basic. It involves a 5 day course, which at times was very boring, and went over very basic procedures. If you havent done it before, then it may have been more interesting.
The exam was a multi choice, 40 questions I think. Pretty easy. The practical was a single phase board to inspect and test. Dead basic stuff, which anyone with a little experience should be able to do.

2394 seems a little more involved, so probably a better choice.
That leads onto 2395, which is what you should be aiming for afterwards.

From your background, I'd say the 2394 is much more worthwhile, though it (and the 2395 for periodic testing & inspection) are not quite so easy to pass. As well as a multiple guess paper and practical, there is also a written paper.

There is a lot of overlap between the two courses (2394 and 2395), some people do both together (the written exams tend to be on consecutive days, and the multiple guess paper is the same so you only do it once).

Reply to 2392 Course Information where & what ? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net