Discuss 2392 onto 2391 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a part P domestic installer and have just passed my 2392. I have been doing domestic electrical work for a few years, ranging from rewires, c.u. changes to repairs and fault finding. I only do domestic, whilst on the last course the examiner kept prompting me to apply for the 2391 course, would this really be of any benifit to me or was it just a sales ploy.
Many thanks

If the scope of your work is purely domestic installation and certifying your own work then the 2391 may not be necessary. If you plan on carrying out any periodic inspections on existing installations then the 2391 will be required.
If you are a memeber of a scheme then it may be worth verifying this with them though, as they may have their own interpretation.

Where does it say you need 2391 to do periodics? I know it says someone has to be competent but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to have a qualification to prove it!
You need the 2391 to prove technical competence.

The City and Guilds handbook (2392-10) says it is for 'initial verification' and then says it can be used to go on to achieve the 2391

Reply to 2392 onto 2391 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
hello , Just a note to see if anyone been in the same sort of journey as me? I wanted to retrain as an electrician at 40 and on bad advice did a...
Replies
Views
So i've been doing electrics for several years now, and am going for my 18th edition this week. I'm 99% confident i'm going to pass it. After...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post so go easy! This is for people who are looking for more info on the course and exams and is from my experience of doing the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock