Discuss 2393 Part P revision questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jurasic Spark

Hello everyone, my first post. I'm thinking about doing the Part P qual and was wondering if anyone knows of any revision Q and A papers.

Thanks.

I done part p under the 16th edition in june - send a private message to me with your email and ill scan in the small amount of exam papers i photocopied over to you some time next week. - Mine was the EAL VRQ level2 full scope not the C+G course (isnt this course that you can do after c+G 2330 ). -Also there is the building regs for electricians book we needed (it had 75% of the answers to the exams we had) - although no test papers or exam tests in it..

Hi

Are the Part-p papers still available?

Would really appreciate any help

Many thanks in advance

Darren

Hi guys & gals,
I'm thinking of changing careers to be an electrician.
is Part P the rout to go or do I go down the rout of 18th edition (BS7671) I keep getting conflicting information off of providers?

Thanks

Hi guys & gals,
I'm thinking of changing careers to be an electrician.
is Part P the rout to go or do I go down the rout of 18th edition (BS7671) I keep getting conflicting information off of providers?

Thanks
Part P course is a crock of 💩💩 made up by CPSs to get money out of poor sods that get taken on the short course ride.

While I'm not a fan of organisations spouting what should and should not happen in the industry; TESP have a good handle on the various routes into our industry; Electrical Training - Qualified Electrical Training Courses - https://www.electricalcareers.co.uk/joining-the-industry/training-routes/

You'll hear a lot of course numbers thrown about;

2346 - Experienced Worker /Mature Candidate NVQ

5357 - Electrotechnical Apprenticeship (read: 'tradition' Apprenticeship

2365 Level 2 - Current City & Guilds Level 2 in Electrical Installation

2365 Level 3 - Former City & Guilds Level 3 in Electrical Installation - Replaced by 8202-30 and NOT eligible for Adult Learner Loan

8202-20 Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation; is replacing the 2365 at Level 2

8202-30 - Advanced Diploma in Electrical Installation - Current Level 3 and eligible for Adult Learner Loan

The courses above are what one might call thr foundation, underpinning knowledge, this is then built upon with supplementary courses;

2382-18 - This is the Regs course; in essence a course on being able to find information in a book. Thr last number tends to be the (core) edition, in this case 18 for 18th Edition, likely to change to 2382-19 when the 19th edition comes out

2391 (-50, -51, -52) - This is your "Inspection and Testing' course. -50 is inital verification (tests before putting an installation in service), -51 is your EICR or Electrical Inspection, formerly called Periodic Inspection and -52 is a course combining the -50 & -51 into a single course.

2377 - This is your ISITEE course, better known as the PAT Tester course, although thr term PAT is now depreciated and ISITEE (In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment) is now thr correct term.

2919 is your current Electrical Vehicle Charging course, changing to 2921-31 in the near future.

2399-13 is the current City and Guilds course for Photovoltaic (PV or Solar) systems.

Note that although your Part P is has a City and guilds number it doesn't count for anything if you ask that understand the value of 'proper' courses like those listed above. That being said the "short course route" or "Domestic Installer" route can and does produce some good electricians but it rely on them wanting to go above what they are given, realise the shortcomings and the areas not covered by thier choose course and putting the work in to build on tht foundation they have.

Reply to 2393 Part P revision questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock