Discuss 2394/2395 reverting back to 2391 ?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

I am just wondering if the 2394/2395 course is changing back to the 2391 ?

I have the Exam success, inspection and testing 2391-10 book and am doing my inspection and testing in may. Wondering if i can revise using this or is it worth me buying a more up to date book ? Any suggestions if so...

Thanks

its now 2391 50/51/52 and not 2391-10

2391-50 is the 2394 equivalent
2391-51 is the 2395 equivalent
2391-52 is the 2394/95 combined equivalent.

Sure a lot of the essentials will be in the old 2391 books but i suspect City and Guilds have purposefully changed things enough to make you buy new books to make a few more pennies for the chief executives xmas bonus.

Cheers for clearing that up.

Any idea how many exams are involved between the 3 ? Or is it just one written & one practical as the 2391-10 was ?
with the new city and guilds 2391 they have done away with the long written exam, to in effect compete with the eal exams.
its now open book on the computer multi choice find the answer job, and you do a written book of assignments during course with the tutor, then the practical is still pretty much the same from what i have picked up from mates who have just done it.
if you have a look at this link it explains it a bit better, the qualification is well worth the investment though. i have my 2394 but held off the 2395 as it was changing to 2391 series
City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Course - https://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk/courses/2391-inspection-and-testing

I'm doing the new 2391 now.

There's an online exam and a practical.
I think they said there is a 4 question written test with the practical, but I only just started today.

Evening chaps, new member here. Recently done the new 2391-52 (initial and periodic combined).
2hr online 60 question multiple choice, open book. The open book bit makes it sound easy, but they know you have the book so set the questions accordingly. Some answers are not in the allowed books. The required pass is 75%ish (but as with other C&G exams you need to get a proportion correct in each section to pass). The pass rate in our group was 30%.
On another day:
1hr (or was it 1:30, cant remember) hand-written question paper (approx 4 pages, 10-15 questions. Open book. Again not all answers are in the books, you just have to know. Some questions require you to qualify your answer with the exact regulation number. The examiner made it very clear that this paper does not have a pass percentage - all correct or a fail. Using 'phase' instead of 'line or 'earth wire' instead of CPC might result in a lost mark..
30 minute visual inspection of photographs. noting any defects and giving a C1,2,3,FI code. Not every picture has a defect. Other may have 1/2/3/4+ as well as some stuff that is 'not best practice but not a defect' which should not be given a code..
You have to get 1 of there is 1, 2 if there is 2 or 3 if there is 3 or more.
Practical inspection/test of a sample 3-ph/1ph installation. 2.5hrs. Complete a full initial verification using the correct procedures. There will be some faults intentionally inserted that you must report as you go. Any safety critical (like safe isolation) is an immediate fail. Forgetting other things may be OK if you notice yourself, go back and correct then continue (e.g. don't miss a continuity, remember and go back without re-doing the insulation test).
Fill out both an E.I.C and P.IR with schedules.

All in all it is a tough assessment - you need to keep a clear head and have done plenty of revision!

Reply to 2394/2395 reverting back to 2391 ?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock