Discuss 2394/2395 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Alright lads, anyone done the new testing course? Is it harder to pass then 2391? Got a feeling my reg books are going to have to be my new best friend for a while

they said they made it into 2 parts to make it easier but thats a load of crap instead of 1 written exam u now have 2 and 2 practical and its double the price , another money making scheme for them

If you have not already searched, you can find a few threads on this site about the 2394 & 2395, including pass rates for the written and practical exams.

For the written exams, the common multiple guess (a pass for this counts for both 2394 and 2395) is not so hard, but the separate main written papers (usually on consecutive days for 2394 and 2395) are indeed challenging for many, and the pass rates are not that high (they do vary a bit, perhaps the level of the papers is not that consistent).

For the practical exams, I think this depends a bit on how strict/helpful the tutor is - shall we say some are doing their best for you to succeed, while others are not so accommodating. You do need to proceed safely, if you are about to do something dangerous, the tutor supervising will terminate the session. Apart from that, the main problem is working efficiently, it is very easy to run out of time. You could build yourself up your own test board - you can make it look quite like the C&G 2395 one - and practice on it, it will help.

......8 took the testing all failed.

and i bet every single one of them wasnt actually ready to do the course.
revision alone will only get you so far , testing experience out in the field is what mattered most with the 2391 in my opinion.

Reply to 2394/2395 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock