Discuss 2394 course - advice on what I can do afterwards in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

terraterra1985

With the 2394 qualification can I pass my own work or do I need to take the 2395 as well. Anyone know of good places in London where to take this course -how much did you pay?
Thanks.

The 2394 covers initial verification of new work
The 2395 covers periodic inspection of existing installations.
The requirements for you to inspect and test your own new work are that you are competent to do so and the 2394 is a means of providing the piece of paper to use as evidence of competence, it is an additional course that would be useful but if you have the core qualifications and experience then it is not required.
The 2395 is also a useful additional course as it is an expansion of your capabilities.

I'm in the same boat, what happened to the 2391 ?? I want to pass which ever course it is to be able to do full tests on new and existing installations. so if do the 2395 I can test all ??? from a new skt to an whole factory ??? why do they change it all the time

The 2391 was split up into two qualifications the 2394 and 2395 (presumably as a money making exercise and to confuse everyone, oh sorry I meant to make it clearer which areas are covered in the exams!)
If you want to do both initial verification and periodic inspections then you should do both exams (which would be a good idea from a knowledge point of view, even if you only want to one or the other).
Doing periodic inspections is complex and demanding and would really require you to know a lot about initial verification before moving on to periodic.
If you were just doing initial verification then the periodic one would be fairly irrelevant but can often be seen as half of the 2391.

The 2391 was split up into two qualifications the 2394 and 2395 (presumably as a money making exercise and to confuse everyone, oh sorry I meant to make it clearer which areas are covered in the exams!)
If you want to do both initial verification and periodic inspections then you should do both exams (which would be a good idea from a knowledge point of view, even if you only want to one or the other).
Doing periodic inspections is complex and demanding and would really require you to know a lot about initial verification before moving on to periodic.
If you were just doing initial verification then the periodic one would be fairly irrelevant but can often be seen as half of the 2391.

Im I right in thinking you don't need either to fill in and sign off Niceic certs ?

You need to be competent to do the work and the inspection and testing whether by experience or qualification (preferably both).
If you meet those criteria then you can complete electrical installation certificates (whether minor works or or not) in order to meet the requirements of BS7671.
Similarly if you are competent to undertake periodic inspections then you can complete the electrical installation condition reports.

NICEIC produce various versions of the BS7671 forms, the green ones can be completed by non members.
However you can complete a non branded form with just as much validity.

You need to be competent to do the work and the inspection and testing whether by experience or qualification (preferably both).
If you meet those criteria then you can complete electrical installation certificates (whether minor works or or not) in order to meet the requirements of BS7671.
Similarly if you are competent to undertake periodic inspections then you can complete the electrical installation condition reports.

NICEIC produce various versions of the BS7671 forms, the green ones can be completed by non members.
However you can complete a non branded form with just as much validity.

I've been qualified for 14 years just never taken test and inspect altho I have done loads over the years when on the books. Wanting to set up on my own and can't really afford the £1200 it costs to take both the 2394 & 2395. If I can sign it off will get more work and save up and take the tests

Reply to 2394 course - advice on what I can do afterwards in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock