Discuss 2394 help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

imranayaz

does anybody know the answer to, " state the three steps taken when a correctly carried insulation resistance test produces unsatisfactory results. & IP for a lighting switch 1.2m from the edge of the bath? & does a initial verification require an safe isolation\?

Yep I can help. If you're on a training course you should qualify for access to our dedicated Trainee Forum which is free and is run voluntarily by guys solely to assist learners and apprentices.

Check out this thread and if you do the necessary I'll be able to give you access and I'll also be able to move this thread into there where it will get better replies and help.

where it says "here" do I give me details in that thread?

In the link above that Marvo gave you, click on the word "HERE" in capitals. Then type in the details asked for, then click "submit new thread".

i have registered my details, please have a look at them and also can you move this thread into that forum.

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I've checked your application. Are you still on a training course now? Please reply on you application thread. Thanks.

does anybody know the answer to, " state the three steps taken when a correctly carried insulation resistance test produces unsatisfactory results. & IP for a lighting switch 1.2m from the edge of the bath? & does a initial verification require an safe isolation\?

1. 1.ask to see the design criteria.
2. Confirm with the designer that the result is intended.
3. if you can't do 1 or 2, then apply the requirements of BS7671.
This is a stock answer to any 2394 question about out of spec test results.

2. Off the top of my head IP44, but would need to check in regs.

3. No. (At Initial Verification the circuit/installation/addition/alteration must be dead tested before live testing, and should not have been energised prior to this.)

Cheers..............Howard

Reply to 2394 help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock