Discuss 2394 Multi Choice Mock Papers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BahcoSparko

Hi Guys

Sitting my multiply choice exam next tuesday. Any chance of any past papers or recommended sites?
Any infomation would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

Stu

Search for Swindon Massive. Not used it myself, but loads of good stuff there apparently. Might need to make a donation to access some of it.

Good luck in your exams :)

Hi Guys

Sitting my multiply choice exam next tuesday. Any chance of any past papers or recommended sites?
Any infomation would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

Stu

If you have put the revision in with GN3 you will be fine. Most people who fail the online do so because they don't read the question properly.

Be careful, C&G are buggers for trying to trip you up. If the question is specifically about inspection, then any answer that mentions a test is wrong. They always chuck one in about notices, so make sure you know the difference between a notice and a warning notice. Questions about stat and non stat docs, GS38 always crop up.

Most of what you will get, you will know, don't dwell on any question, flag it and go back. If you know your answer is right, then don't go back and change it.

Sleep well, read the questions properly and read all 4 possible answers CAREFULLY and you will have no problem.

You will get your result straightway so let us know how you do.

Cheers............Howard.

Thanks for your replies,

Getting the results tonight so hope all is well ! noticed that alot of questions about IP ratings and stat / non-stat regs came up. only a couple of questions on calcs, max Zs etc...

The hardest part was trying to understand what the questions were ACTUALLY saying.

GN3 plus plenty of mocks. Job done

(Written next week so will give my verdict on that)

Cheers

Stu

Thanks for your replies,

Getting the results tonight so hope all is well ! noticed that alot of questions about IP ratings and stat / non-stat regs came up. only a couple of questions on calcs, max Zs etc...

The hardest part was trying to understand what the questions were ACTUALLY saying.

GN3 plus plenty of mocks. Job done

(Written next week so will give my verdict on that)

Cheers

Stu

Good luck with the written. It is not difficult to pass, but it can be tricky. You have already found out that C&G can make the questions awkward to understand, and the written ones are no different.

Before you answer anything, read throughout the paper, then read the source document that comes with it. The source document will give you all the info you need to answer the second part of the exam.

2394 exams are always very similar to each other, because it is only concerned with initial verification, so you are only concerned with new circuits, additions to existing and minor works.

Banker questions.

What paperwork is to be issued on completion of the works.

Who will require copies of the paperwork other then the person ordering the work or the client. The source document will tell you this, as it will usually say something local authority, licensing agencies, insurance companies, so one of these or similar will be the answer.

Stat and non stat documents.

GS38 requirements.

Notices and warning notices.

Action to be taken with an out of spec test result, or non conformance at inspection.

IP rating top/bottom/side of enclosures.

Testing methods for Main protective bonding conductors.

Applying correction factors to Zs results.

The best revision you can do is to go on the C&G website home page, and enter 2394 into the search box, then select documents, and look at the chief examiners reports, they are all there up to and including October 2014, and they all have a similar theme.

Remember these exams are about practices and procedures, they are not scientific, You will probably know them all, so just have a think about things before you go, and don't forget the basics like calibrated, batteries OK visual checks, lead in good condition, probes to GS38 before you even go near explaining the test.

Tests are tests, and your answer should not make reference to any inspections.
Inspection is inspection, and as above, don't mention tests in your answers.

The one that always catches people out. What should be confirmed before carrying out an RCD test? The earth fault loop impedance test result is compliant.

Most people state " Seek permission to isolate" this is not correct as the circuit is new and has not been put into service. Seek permission to isolate only applies to 2395 as the circuit will be in service, and if you do the RCD test you will switch the circuit off.

Cheers.................Howard

Reply to 2394 Multi Choice Mock Papers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net