Discuss 2395 booked in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just waiting for my results apart from gn3 I'd try some past 2391 papers I got the 2391 exam success book and do lots of revision

Practical was easy if your testing a lot if not practice that

multichoice was easy you could narrow the harder ones down to 2 then it's 50/50

Good luck

Hi superspark I have just sat the 2394 and 2395 over the last 2 nights, all I can advise is read bs7671 special locations, rcbo's and how they work and tested, know the guidance note 3 inside out, practise with exams for success 2391. Know how to draw fault loop path diagrams.
Out of 10 guys taking the test only 2 people thought they had done well, the exams are HARD, I'm not a slow writer and I found 90mins minimal with hardly any time to reread the questions and answers. You cannot sugar coat these exams they are not designed to be passed easily. You will also have to sit a separate 301 multi choice computer exam, which I will be taking tom night. I will update you tom about how it goes as we do not know what content or format the exam will follow.
cheers richard k

Hi Richard ! Did you sit the 2394 course? Im starting mine soon as i was advised to do it before 2395. If u did the course, how did u find it? Do they teach u alot about testing ? thanks.

Hi Richard ! Did you sit the 2394 course? Im starting mine soon as i was advised to do it before 2395. If u did the course, how did u find it? Do they teach u alot about testing ? thanks.
Yes I sat both the courses at once in a marathon book fest that lasted a week. We covered a bit of testing in the afternoon and spent a couple of hours testing a three phase board. The course was more about learning how to understand the questions and answer them in a way city and guilds want. As the course is so new CG still have not produced any course material for the tutors, which meant he was working from the old 2391 course notes. Not the best solution as the format of the new exam paper has radically changed for the 2394, we were all a bit surprised when we opened the exam paper!

Reply to 2395 booked in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net