Discuss 2395 inspection and testing questions help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

one question says

Any items forming part of an existing installation that can only partially be inspected but are required to be considered during the inital verifacation process should be marked

a:x
B:LIM
C:N/A
d*

The other question is any item that does NOT inspection during inital verifacation should be marked

A:lim
b:n/a
c:x
d:ni

answers are: 1 (b). 2 (d).....IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks soo much lee XD cant wait to have a read

the other question im abit stuck on...it says the relevant tests in correct sequence for a new ring final circuits are
A: 4321
B:2431
C:1234
D:3421

i dont get it? is 1: continuity of cpc 2: continuity of ring etc?

i don't uinderstand it either. what;s this 1234?

noo idea o.o! multi choose questions and written pass papers but theres no awnsers on some of them so im unable to prove my answers :c but 90% i cant find in gn3 etc just some like that are weird

this is for the multi choose of the 2395 we got told once we complete it there is no need to re do it on the 2394 so questions are mixed in between the two

come to think of it.. i didnt do the Multi Chose questions for 2395 as id done them on 2394
what i found strange as i did 2394 with Logic Cerf and 2395 with EAL!

think i just did a bit of paper work and a pratical test ..

the other question im abit stuck on...it says the relevant tests in correct sequence for a new ring final circuits are

Not seen the question, but I imagine you have been given a list of 4 sequences of testing, and are being asked to describe the correct one as per GN3 page 34 2.6.4 sequence of tests (a) being continuity of protective conductors etc, don't need to go on do I?

Question here
A periodic inspection is to be carried out on an electrical installation forming part of a tn-c-s system in a 5 year old school building

the circuit protective devices rcbos and the circuit conductors contained within the metal clad distribution board are to be inspected. The instalation is isolated and the distribution board cover is removed . state six checks to be made during the INSPECTION of these items = 6 MARKS

.Connection of main earth
.Connection of bonding conductors and functional earths
.damage or corrosion to the metal clad distribution board and cover
.Correct size conductors for circuit being used
.Identification of conductors "Sleving"
.Routing of conductors

What do you guys think of my answers? "sorry if im annoying anyone as i have no other way of confirming my answers

Question here
A periodic inspection is to be carried out on an electrical installation forming part of a tn-c-s system in a 5 year old school building

the circuit protective devices rcbos and the circuit conductors contained within the metal clad distribution board are to be inspected. The instalation is isolated and the distribution board cover is removed . state six checks to be made during the INSPECTION of these items = 6 MARKS

.Connection of main earth
.Connection of bonding conductors and functional earths
.damage or corrosion to the metal clad distribution board and cover
.Correct size conductors for circuit being used
.Identification of conductors "Sleving"
.Routing of conductors

What do you guys think of my answers? "sorry if im annoying anyone as i have no other way of confirming my answers

Condition of ALL connections?

As others have said, there will be a few to chose from but for a ring final it is:
End to end on r1, then rn, then r2
Then cross connect (figure of 8) of R1 + Rn)
Then cross connect (figure of 8) of R1 + R2

They try and catch you out because on any other circuit, the test sequence will be continuity of cpc, then IR, then polarity etc... but a ring is different, so read the question properly.

Cheers

Jay

It was a MULTI Chose question so Pick one between A-D
as we dont know what the numbers mean.. ill go for D

mainly because its the most common one,it has a 1 at the end. Second from last is ever 2 or 3 but 21 is more common than 31.
Third from last the common number is 4, so LOGIC 421, and that only matches up with D 3421.

But without knowing what the numbers mean, NO Matter how you read the question and you have to SELECT ONE of the LETTERS to get your MARK. We dont know..

question here. a test of insulation resistance is to be carried out on the entire compressor circuit.

a state what must be obtained from the client before the test can be undertaken.

would this be previous test results?

I may not be thinking right fram of mind but...

Permmission to do so, ie if any items that are plugged in might not like a IR stuffed up its but of FSU that should be off.

but previous test results would be dam good,as you can see how much it has dropped since last and guess when it might need re-doing

question here. a test of insulation resistance is to be carried out on the entire compressor circuit.

a state what must be obtained from the client before the test can be undertaken.

Permission to turn off the compressor I would expect.
There are other considerations of preventing contact with metal parts during the test and barriers, etc. but these are not required from the client.

That would be to get the factories consent to take the machine offline in order to carry out the IR test. Don't want to just switch off without telling anyone, never know what damage you could cause.

Reply to 2395 inspection and testing questions help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net