Discuss 2396 and equivalent in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,
I am considering doing the 2396 (more as an interest piece) however I have done something similar in the past, I have a qualification 2369-2360 electrical installation work course C which had a design project as part of it. However asking about no one seems to know what this qual is and if it the direct equivalent of the 2396 level 4 qualification

I hopefully won’t be paying to do the 2396 but be interesting to hear if anyone knows any background on the qualification I currently have ?

thanks.

The 2396 is very in-depth and relies on you understanding the regulations rather than just repeating them.

I did it a few years ago and I'll honestly say the exam was the most intense I've ever sat. Fail rate for mine in Dec 2016 was 60%.

Hello,
I am considering doing the 2396 (more as an interest piece) however I have done something similar in the past, I have a qualification 2369-2360 electrical installation work course C which had a design project as part of it. However asking about no one seems to know what this qual is and if it the direct equivalent of the 2396 level 4 qualification

I hopefully won’t be paying to do the 2396 but be interesting to hear if anyone knows any background on the qualification I currently have ?

thanks.

I think the "C" course was level 3, where ad the C&G 2396 is level 4.

The 2369 appears to be a military version of the 2360 which was the older core qualification. Does that sound right ?
If so then yes there is usually a design project included in there. It won't be the same as or equivalent to a level 4 design course.

The old C course was replaced by the 2400, then the 2391-20, then the 2396 I believe.

Hope you enjoy the 2396, it's a great course full of fun and frolics. A very enjoyable design project and a tough exam. Very worthwhile. I did it through the night class format and learnt loads. The one week intensive course format sounds a little daunting to me.

Reply to 2396 and equivalent in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net