Discuss 240V AC Mains rated CAT6 ethernet cable? Avoids segregation... like CBus pink CAT5 cable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello

I have recently discovered Cbus pink Cat5 / Cat5E cable.

My interest started after finding out about EV-Ultra Cable, designed for electric vehicle charge points. They run power and data in the same cable. My understanding is allowed due to the data cable sheathing being rated to same level as the power.

From the CBus manufacturer:
"The pink outer sheathing of the CBus CAT5 cable is rated to 240V AC as it may, for short runs, be routed into a switchboard close to mains cable."

I want to run ethernet along side power cables.
I am not too concerned about interference, but getting shielded Cat6 or better seems worth it.

Is there anything similar but for Cat6 or better?

Thanks

You can get CAT-6 SWA stuff and with the armour glanded/earthed would be fine alongside practically anything but it is expensive and inflexible.

Reply to 240V AC Mains rated CAT6 ethernet cable? Avoids segregation... like CBus pink CAT5 cable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Just taken deilvery of an Electric Car (Mini Electric) and so doing some research into installing a charge point. Supply is a standard Single...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
Got a job where customer wants power to an outbuilding, and also wants to extend their Router down to the same building. SWA is going to be fixed...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
I’m hoping somebody can clear up a little query I have regarding cable segregation. I’ve noticed the guys on the commercial site that I am working...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
G
Many thanks to nickblake for originally posting this in a thread. Paper Paper insulation From the WW1 era Very rare now in domestic wiring...
Replies
Views
Stroppy
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock