Discuss 240v and 24v in multicore cble in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyl

Can anyone tell me if you can run 240v and 24v in a multicore swa i think i am right in saying if the cable rating of the 24v and 240v are the same then you can,maybe best to clearly label thecable voltages on the cores ?

Provided there won't be any adverse effects from magnetism caused by the 230v (515.2) it should be ok if the cores are insulated to the highest voltage, as per 528.1.

Like as novussparks says, it should be ok if all cores are rated at highest voltage and the 24v circuit(s) are not susceptable to interference. I've seen it done before, it is fine with 24v control ccts usually.

I would say it's bad practice to have ELV and LV in the same cable. If there's nothing about it in the rules then I suppose you could do it but it might be problematic with two systems sharing the same CPC for example.

thanks for your quick replies it will have 24v control circuit wiring not signal wiring, just concerned to make sure i comply with regs

I'm not UK based so I would wait around for advice from other members on the regs.

I’ve run 24V DC 100V DC 115V AC and 415V AC through the same 27 core, 600m run with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 240v and 24v in multicore cble in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone. The title should sound crazy enough, but it's what happening in my 72-years old home we've purchased 2 years ago. I found the crazy...
Replies
Views
Buzzer wiring to ACROPRINT FT217 Time Clock - see drawings below Question: I would like to hookup 7 Buzzers to be driven off from the above...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, need some advice, please... this is probably a dumb question but hey, want to make sure.... I am going to replace an electric cooktop...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock