Discuss 240v on the neutral ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Troy Lashmar

why am i finding 240v on the neutral ?? we rewired the power in a house and upgraded the consumer unit but when the RCD's are connected they trip different mcb's. when testing we found 240v on the neutral.... when you take away the RCD's everything is fine. we have changed the main switch and still have the problem. any suggestions as its getting very frustrating now.
many thanks
Troy

why am i finding 240v on the neutral ?? we rewired the power in a house and upgraded the consumer unit but when the RCD's are connected they trip different mcb's. when testing we found 240v on the neutral.... when you take away the RCD's everything is fine. we have changed the main switch and still have the problem. any suggestions as its getting very frustrating now.
many thanks
Troy

Priceless.

enlighten me then.... we done a rewire of the sockets only all tested fine but when we installed the rcds they kept tripping also sometimes the trip switch wouldnt work but when you remove one of the neutrals on the the bar the test button works.
using a british genrel consumer unit with 4 neutrals going off to the 2 bars...
as soon as you put one of the neutrals on the bar...bang, trips again ??

possibilities.

1. you wired tails the wrong way round.

2. supply neutral is missing, call the A team.

3. some other cock-up. call dynamo, magician impossible.

enlighten me then.... we done a rewire of the sockets only all tested fine but when we installed the rcds they kept tripping also sometimes the trip switch wouldnt work but when you remove one of the neutrals on the the bar the test button works.
using a british genrel consumer unit with 4 neutrals going off to the 2 bars...
as soon as you put one of the neutrals on the bar...bang, trips again ??
Pay your local sparks to sort it , its not a DIY thing you've done.

Reply to 240v on the neutral ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net