Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss 25mm Knockout Metal Clad Boxes. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

RDB85

-
Trainee
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I’m looking for some metal clad sockets. But I need 25mm knockouts. Does anyone know any surface mounted metal clad sockets that have them? MK do some nice ones but they are only 20mm knockouts.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Can you not get a 25mm reamer and just make the holes bigger?

B

Bobster

Would take you ages using one of those.

The RS link was just the first cone cutter that came up on google. Aldi or Lidle usually have sets of 3 or 4 sizes for less than a tenner.

Would be better for you, wont last long going through any decent metal, but the soft metal back boxes are made from will be no issue.

S

Silly Sausage

You could always use reducers, couplers and nipples, but it could start getting a bit pricey if you've got a few to do!

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
I’m looking for some metal clad sockets. But I need 25mm knockouts. Does anyone know any surface mounted metal clad sockets that have them? MK do some nice ones but they are only 20mm knockouts.
In the USA parts houses have 1/2 to 2 inch knockouts, and you can even get them for stainless steel. If you get on the internet and look up City electric supply or electrical distributors inc.

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
In the USA parts houses have 1/2 to 2 inch knockouts, and you can even get them for stainless steel. If you get on the internet and look up City electric supply or electrical distributors inc.
Something must be getting lost in translation here, to us a knockout is basically a pre punched hole in an enclosure.
What is a knockout in your terminology? Do you have a picture?

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
Something must be getting lost in translation here, to us a knockout is basically a pre punched hole in an enclosure.
What is a knockout in your terminology? Do you have a picture?
Dave a knockout is a tool to knockout holes and to close up a hole we call a them hole seals. Sorry about the confusion

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to 25mm Knockout Metal Clad Boxes. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom