Discuss 2gang 2 way switches in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyb2

can anyone please help me i have in my living room 2 2 gang 2 way switches to operate my 2 living room lights and my missus wants 2 brass 2 gang switches fitted and on temoving them the wires came out of the switches. the set up in the back box is 2 3cores in each switch with the yellow and blue with red tape on each core and a 2 core cable with the black core sleeved red, can anyone explain to me how these should be connected into the switch please.

First switch left side (3 terminals):

com = red (from 3 core)
L1 = blue (from 3 core)
L2 = yellow (from 3 core)

also in same side

com = red (from two core)
L1 = black (from two core) (com and L1 terminals will now have 2 wires each in)

otherside of switch

com = red (from 3 core)
L1 = blue (from 3 core)

Other switch same but other way around with 2 core on other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
First switch left side (3 terminals):

com = red (from 3 core)
L1 = blue (from 3 core)

also in same side

com = red (from two core)
L1 = black (from two core) (com and L1 terminals will now have 2 wires each in)

otherside of switch

com = red (from 3 core)
L1 = blue (from 3 core)

Other switch same but other way around with 2 core on other side.
I think you may be wrong mate.Red into L1 and Black into L2 from the 2 core.The rest is fine.

Reply to 2gang 2 way switches in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Is the following set up possible with a 3 Gang 2 Way Smart Wifi Switch set up (the black glass type touch ones) One of the 3 switches, switches...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some help with an odd setup. I have a large room with many lights that i separated into 2 sets. In Box 1 there is the 14/2 power in, 2...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for someone to help with this dilemma. Image attached to try and explain it better. We have 3 separate lights currently...
Replies
Views
How should I wire a two way switch, so that I can switch it “on” at the bottom of stairs and “off” at the bottom of the stairs? It is currently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock