Discuss 2KV Wind Turbine Troubles... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

boersy

Hi.
Please help with my hawt. It's a 96v 2kv turbine and feels like there is to much magnetic resistance. It does not want to spin even when all 3 wires are disconected with no load in very windy conditions. I have had tested the windings and the slip ring and were ok. The bearings are all good and full of grease as is the tail vein in straight condition. I should also add that the bladed are the correct way too.
I did notice the turbine developing a humming sound and could be felt through to tower and became slower and needed more wind to start but now it will just turn with out making power.
Any help is appreciated. thankyou

Sounds like bearings have disintegrated internally if it's still tight with the windings open circuit and isolated. The problem getting progressively worse over time and a humming noise detectable as a vibration thru the tower also points to a bearing mechanical failure.

Hey Marvo
Yeah i have checked them so it's not the bearings. There are 3 bearings for the blade rotation assembly and i have inspected and packed all full of new grease. I feel as though the humming noise was from the magnetic field?

If you've dismantled it to service the bearings you would have noticed any other mechanical failure so we can rule that out. You say you've tested the windings and checked the slip rings so that rules out the internal electrics. You also say it's still a problem with the 3 wires disconnected so that rules out that it could be running to a short circuit or getting reverse fed induced voltages back to the windings. The problem is I can't see anything else it could possibly be that's causing the problem.....you've ruled everything out.

If you're 100% certain that it's not mechanical failure that's causing the problem them I'm leaning toward a winding or other internal electrical fault. What tests did you perform on the windings? What instrumentation did you use and what results did you get?

Well i took the dismantled turbine to an auto elect. I wanted to see if the windings had a break were earthed to the body but after testing the 3 wires individually it was ok. not sure what the tester was called though. Thats why i found this site becauce i have tried everything and needed to here from other people so thanks for your input.

Are the bearings needle roller type or similar that can/have been overtightened? Not at all familiar with these things but i would have expected it to be fairly easy to turn.

There is never any probs with windmills, the wind always blows at constant...this is free power, bloody-ell whats the problem. Take the juice and dupe the tax payer, then you are green. If any probs blame the wind...lobby your mp and tell him/her....save a polar bear

Soz, i always thought windmills were super efficient (although they are not) and thought maintenance was 0 ( although they are not) ....anyhow keep importing big magnets and batteries, then in 20 years we can all have an acid bath

I have a question.. when there is no load on a 2kv turbine should it spin freely or should you feel a magnetic pulse? Answers please.

eat more sprouts and beans. generate some wind. :cowboy:

Reply to 2KV Wind Turbine Troubles... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock