Discuss 2KW oven and 6KW hob on B32 MCB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can a 2kw (on a 1.5mm manufacturers flex) fitted oven and a 6kw hob (on a 2.5mm manufacturer's flex) be connected into a cooker outlet plate behind the cooker? The circuit is wired in 6mm t&e on B32 mcb. It has a 45A cooker switch with 13A socket in the kitchen (within a metre of the appliances)

Yes you can - but - I think you will need to connect both supplies to FCU's below the outlet. Otherwise you'll have a 1.5mm2 cable (max current carrying capacity 16 A) and a 2.5mm2 cable (max current carrying capacity 25A) only protected by a 32A MCB

Yes you can - but - I think you will need to connect both supplies to FCU's below the outlet. Otherwise you'll have a 1.5mm2 cable (max current carrying capacity 16 A) and a 2.5mm2 cable (max current carrying capacity 25A) only protected by a 32A MCB
As these are fixed loads there’s no risk of over current so no requirement for local fusing down. Also I don’t know of any 26 amp FCUs.

Reply to 2KW oven and 6KW hob on B32 MCB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'd like to seek your input on a matter. I'm in the process of designing the electrical connections for the following kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current oven is hardwired to a fused connection plate with a 13Amp fuse inside and power switch. That is then connected to the MCB labelled...
Replies
Views
I have just had my kitchen redone and the kitchen rewired with a new 6mm cable installed for an electric cooker. However I have changed my mind...
Replies
Views
I have had my kitchen rewired ready for a new kitchen. I was originally going to have a gas cooker so a 3 pin 13a socket was left on the end of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock