Discuss 2nd fixing should but oh no..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cliffed

-
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone had problems with these slimline fittings,they are so slim,I just can’t get my head round it.
They are not fitting correctly to the wall,looks like these walls need to be flat,not happy with them at all .

2nd fixing should but oh no..... F45EE874-CD35-46E7-9622-560E0D15CFC1 - EletriciansForums.net

Anyone had problems with these slimline fittings,they are so slim,I just can’t get my head round it.
They are not fitting correctly to the wall,looks like these walls need to be flat,not happy with them at all .

View attachment 42799
usually you need a 35mm back box and a perfectly flat wall surface.

Obviously it’s all my fault they look crap,mention flat surfaces,to the guys on site,they think your taking the proverbial Mickey

If you sign up to the schneider trade page, they send you a drinks bottle, t shirt and you can get a 1 gang switch from the same range as a free sample. It is worth several quid so you may one day find a use for it! have to say i was not impressed, you have to push little plastic bits in to take the front face off to then install the 2 screws, the faceplate then clicks back on. but try removing it if its already installed! I wouldnt recommend them to customers... avoid them where possible.

I don't have a problem with them really - like has already been said IF the walls are flat. To remove the front just poke a 3/4mm screwdriver in the slot on the side and twist and it pops off easily.

Much better than the click definite screwless range imo. But also pricier.

If you sign up to the schneider trade page, they send you a drinks bottle, t shirt and you can get a 1 gang switch from the same range as a free sample. It is worth several quid so you may one day find a use for it! have to say i was not impressed, you have to push little plastic bits in to take the front face off to then install the 2 screws, the faceplate then clicks back on. but try removing it if its already installed! I wouldnt recommend them to customers... avoid them where possible.

I don't think the free sample screwless switch is from the same range as the OP Gavin. The sample I got was a weird mocha brown colour and is much fatter in profile than that in the link in post #1.
For some reason I received two of the sample switches. Can't say I am likely to use them anytime soon due to their colour.

I bizarrely awhile back, let her indoors pick the faceplates for the new kitchen. She went for the slimline ones, little did I know. Even the 35mm back box were a struggle. Just recently had to move one; I swear the back box was 100% level, but couldn't get the faceplate level, the tolerances are tight. Food for the devil. Never ever again

Reply to 2nd fixing should but oh no..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock