Discuss 3/5/13 Amp Fuses For Plugs And Fused Spurs... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Do you mean that organisation that allowed a flammable material to be used as cladding on a tower block.
I disagree, the brigade no longer have the authority they once did.

Their sign off is little more than a paper exercise and a cursory once over these days so as long as you put a compliant spec in front of them they sign it off.

The dilution of the brigades role in fire worthiness inspecting has been a long, steady and slow affair to the point now I doubt very much they have sufficient expertise to carry out the role they once did.

Its how it seems to me anyhow.

I think you have that backwards, the original design called for metal cladding with non flammable insulation between it and the building, the local authority and fire officer allowed the change which ultimately led to the disaster, no one learnt anything from the Oraglass incident at the Theme Park, think it was on the Isle of White.
https://g.co/kgs/JmVKtA

A quick Google for those (like me) that don't know of the disaster, fire startedby kids discarded cigs,fuel fuelled greatly by the building materials

The local authority/fire officer allowing the change isn't exactly fair, it was Arconis that gave (or didn't as the case was,) updated test results from EU tests showing the Reybond PE (iirc) was in fact utter rubbish in terms of Fire Safety and because this information was withheld, the LA/FO acted on information at the time, which gave the material a better fire safety rating than it had and because of this no-one questioned it.

I disagree, the brigade no longer have the authority they once did.

Their sign off is little more than a paper exercise and a cursory once over these days so as long as you put a compliant spec in front of them they sign it off.

The dilution of the brigades role in fire worthiness inspecting has been a long, steady and slow affair to the point now I doubt very much they have sufficient expertise to carry out the role they once did
Its how it seems to me anyhow.
That's the point, at planning stage the fire brigade still have the responsibility to sign off the compliance to the regulations of the materials to be used and specified in the application, the specification of the cladding did not conform to the requirement of flame spread and has since been changed on a number of other tower blocks because of this.

I think you have that backwards, the original design called for metal cladding with non flammable insulation between it and the building, the local authority and fire officer allowed the change which ultimately led to the disaster, no one learnt anything from the Oraglass incident at the Theme Park, think it was on the Isle of White.
They allowed changes based on the advice given by the manufacturers, contractors and designers that it would still be compliant.

I would love the brigade to have the teeth it once had but it has been defanged, intentionally and for profit.

That's the point, at planning stage the fire brigade still have the responsibility to sign off the compliance to the regulations of the materials to be used and specified in the application, the specification of the cladding did not conform to the requirement of flame spread and has since been changed on a number of other tower blocks because of this.
My understanding was that it did comply but did not perform as specified because the test data had been fiddled.

Could be wrong, I'll have a Google, be right back.

Foil is cheaper, they can reuse the discarded foil from thier heroin prep ?
but would the foil be able to cope with the load demanded by the cannabis plants growing in the attic?

or, 1/4" being 6.3mm, it would be a tighter fit.

The last sentence is very telling:
The group has also said it promoted RS5000’s use on buildings that are taller than 18 metres only in a “rainscreen cladding system with the specific components”, used when it passed the fire safety test.
The inquiry continues.

The last sentence is very telling:
The group has also said it promoted RS5000’s use on buildings that are taller than 18 metres only in a “rainscreen cladding system with the specific components”, used when it passed the fire safety test.
The inquiry continues.
For sure, this is now in the hands of the courts to decide whose gobshite promised whom what.
But, my inclination is towards a sales driven decision rather than a safety driven one.

For sure, this is now in the hands of the courts to decide whose gobshite promised whom what.
But, my inclination is towards a sales driven decision rather than a safety driven one.
and how may fat brown envelopes changed hands.

so do pink ones but we'll let the gender benders have sole use of them.

That was a good idea earlier in the thread.... yes, I’ve read the whole thing.

a moulded plug is stuck to the appliance. Make fuses different sizes and have different sizes fuse clips within the plug so that only the right size fuse fits. Either diameter or length.
Only a problem when someone fits their own plug

Someone would still find a way. Makes me think of something 'Big Clive' took apart recently. If I remember correctly it was a chinese import. Even with the plug removed there was still continuity. The fuse was just there for show.
Here we go. Watch this.

Reply to 3/5/13 Amp Fuses For Plugs And Fused Spurs... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock