Discuss 3 bed house rewired in one day including testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They provide a service which very few companies can provide in tight timescales so he does have a big advantage in the domestic rewire sector.

Let’s be honest, not many of us would do things the way they do it…notched joists etc.

They get over the cables not ran in zones by putting it in the departures on the certs…NIC seem happy with it as long as it’s noted.

Jamie pays very well, the sparks are on around £1500 each a week. Hard graft though.

They provide a service which very few companies can provide in tight timescales so he does have a big advantage in the domestic rewire sector.

Let’s be honest, not many of us would do things the way they do it…notched joists etc.

They get over the cables not ran in zones by putting it in the departures on the certs…NIC seem happy with it as long as it’s noted.

Jamie pays very well, the sparks are on around £1500 each a week. Hard graft though.
Does it really matter what NIC think though? The workmanship, adherence to best practice, treatment of the customer's property etc is absolutely disgraceful. They're impact driving the CU together!

I reckon they say to the customer - to get it done in a day while you're at work we will cover nothing, put nothing back, do no cleaning, etc but i bet they don't say that they're cutting corners in terms of the actual job.

To put this so brazenly on youtube as if you're doing a great service is bizarre.

I’ve not looked, but what are the comments like?

Surely the person whose house this is will read them and demand some compensation if things aren’t done properly.

But surely that argument could be taken even further. Ignore some more of the regs and reduce the time even more. Get some more departures on the forms.

How many people really want a rushed job that doesn't comply with regs, compared to a good quality one though? Or does the customer not know the full facts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve not looked, but what are the comments like?

Surely the person whose house this is will read them and demand some compensation if things aren’t done properly.
Comments section is full of 'great service you provide here'. The mind boggles - just shows why we need heavy regulation (i say this as an unqualified man, too) - it stops Joe Public thinking an installation is the dogs bollox just because the sockets are shining on the wall.

@CamoElectric

What i was getting at, was that if NICEIC are happy with their working practices and their use of the departures box on the test cert, why would they change their ways of doing things?

Also if you watch some of the more recent videos, he actually offers the customers a service where he has people go in and move furniture and cover it up and have cleaners go in afterwards….for an additional fee of course.

@CamoElectric

What i was getting at, was that if NICEIC are happy with their working practices and their use of the departures box on the test cert, why would they change their ways of doing things?

Also if you watch some of the more recent videos, he actually offers the customers a service where he has people go in and move furniture and cover it up and have cleaners go in afterwards….for an additional fee of course.

The local NICEIC guy may well be happy with the situation. But I don't see how you can justify breaching regs on a brand new full rewire, well not just in the interests of saving some time anyway.

Reason for departure - 'Wanted to be knocking off a bit earlier'

Last edited:
The local NICEIC guy may well be happy with the situation. But I don't see how you can justify breaching regs on a brand new full rewire, well not just in the interests of saving some time anyway.

Reason for departure - 'Wanted to be knocking off a bit earlier'

I completely agree! It shouldn’t happen on a new rewire. BUT until they get pulled up on it, they will carry on doing it.

@CamoElectric

Wow selling for extra what should be standard practice. I wonder if he upsells reg adherence too. He's a great businessman, gotta give him that.

I can't believe they took a day! I usually get 2 done in a day ?

All you got to do is swap the face plates and fuseboard, you can fill the cert in while sat at the bar!
SEEN exactly this . Local to me , old lady told to go to her sisters for 3 days . She only found out when her son was talking to the neighbour and they mentioned 2 guys turned up for a morning . Total paid £2100. And that was 2003. New plates and sockets and they sprayed the CB cover with Appliance white paint to make it all look new

Reply to 3 bed house rewired in one day including testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net