Discuss 3 gang, 1 way, 1 dimmer 2 on/off switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DanUK

-
Reaction score
Hi all. I hope you can help please.

Does this exist? I’m struggling to find anything matching this. I have a 3 way switch in my living room. One controls a ceiling light, another controls 6 spotlights, the other controls another ceiling light.

Is it possible to get a 3 gang, 1 way single plate switch with 1 dimmer and 2 on/off switches?

Thanks for any help!

It’ll be done with grid switches in a face plate. Click or MK you’ll be able to make up that 3 gang. Make it a 35mm backbox it sits in though. Ask a wholesaler to help you out.

If you haven’t the downlights yet, don’t go for transformers and GU 5.3 ( ;-) George Cooke)
But go for mains voltage - gives you more scope of lamps and less technology to ‘pop’ in the future.
GU 10 dimmsble lamps coupled with ‘Varilight’ Vpro grid or ZDano (expensive but excellent grid)

I think that sorts your dimmer out as for a dimmer and 2 x 1-way switches in a single 1 box format I think you would be struggling to find anything MK used to do a 2 gang switch in one grid module but in their present range I can't see one so I think that it will be a double box size and grid format.

I think that sorts your dimmer out as for a dimmer and 2 x 1-way switches in a single 1 box format I think you would be struggling to find anything MK used to do a 2 gang switch in one grid module but in their present range I can't see one so I think that it will be a double box size and grid format.
After seeing Tels attachment from Scolemore there may be a possibility others on here may use it and tell if it is an option let us know what you decide.

As per all the above, really; Varilight V-Pro; you'll struggle to get what you want in a 1G (single/square) back box. Fitted one just like you're describing recently, had to convert the 1G back box with a 2G version, very nice.

DSC_0072 copy.JPG

Here's what it was for:
P1050407.JPG
Not to my personal taste, but the client was happy :)

P1050405.JPG

With the help of a couple of builders, yes. The client did the laborious job of hanging all the crystals on the wire drops.
Tell you what, I was glad I went round to have a look at the job before agreeing to do it. On the phone, the client said, "Could you quote for swapping a light over on the landing, above the stairs? I want to put a, I guess you'd call it a contemporary light up," but my spider sense was tingling. When I saw the box - about a metre square, with the words "47kg" on it, I'll admit I chuckled a little.

Had a customer the other day wanted two light fittings two separate rooms, fair enough but they were bling bling chandeliers so once I’d done the electrical connections and tested I said to her ‘I’ve done the electrical but now you can put the twinklies on - her face dropped. I started on the next one and being smaller I did the twinklies on that one and finished before she was half way through! It made it easier to take the money having done the second one complete. Funny thing was that her family bailed as soon they suspected involvement - we had a bit of funny banter going whilst we shared the same grief!

You won’t find a single box with 3 switches , with one of the a dimmer.

Double back box is the only option

Why are you considering 12v leds - these are so yesterday ...

Reply to 3 gang, 1 way, 1 dimmer 2 on/off switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net