Discuss 3 gang switch options in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

J_T

Hi, I'm wiring a 3 way lighting circuit along side 2 x 2 ways. I need a 3 gang switch that contains 2 x 2 way switches and 1 intermediate to suit all circuits and look like all my other light switches.

Does anyone have any experience if switches of this type are freely available? Can I pick and choose what each switch contains or am I fairly tied down to a number of options?

Thanks

JT

Standard grid switches where you can have whatever switch modules you like ie. intermediate and two ways on same plate, just click them in and screw front plate on :)

Using click you can get all switches onto a single gang plate, MK and GET ultimate for example will require a 2 gang

Mk and get will be easier to get hold off and you can swap in dimmers should you need to

Click will be cheaper (assuming you don't get it from Cef)

MEM Domestic plate switches can be removed via a small brass screw at the rear and other switches installed in place, I have done this countless times myself, and they are cheap compaired to grid switches and 10 amp rated.

Reply to 3 gang switch options in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, currently doing a job at a house where there are 3 switches In the hallway to control the hall lights. All 1 gang switches, one at...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Is the following set up possible with a 3 Gang 2 Way Smart Wifi Switch set up (the black glass type touch ones) One of the 3 switches, switches...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for a little advise on how to wire in a 2 gang intermediate switch. I'm doing a first fix on a house extension and it's 3 storey...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock