Discuss 3 installs a day??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

OldskoolUpNorth

Guys, just wondering...

I was offered some work recently installing positive pressure fans in dwellings and maybe some commercial.
All powered from existing lighting radials, spured off and fused down.

Anybody got experience of these and is 3 per day in different dwellings really feasable?

I can't see how you'd have time, considering some of the dodgy electrics you come across in houses and promptly turned it down.
Apparently there's a spark already doing 3 a day in another region.

Thoughts anyone???

i don't know what pressure fans are, but it sounds like when i rang up for a job the other day the agency lady told me that my job would be to rewire at least one property a day and then another electrician would sighn it off.when i explained that it was not possible she replied that the electrician has other elecy mates that can do it.i laughed and hung up.

i don't know what pressure fans are, but it sounds like when i rang up for a job the other day the agency lady told me that my job would be to rewire at least one property a day and then another electrician would sighn it off.when i explained that it was not possible she replied that the electrician has other elecy mates that can do it.i laughed and hung up.

They're just an extract fan of sorts.

But it does sound like cut corners and a lot of headaches.

Apparently there's a spark already doing 3 a day in another region.

I would say it's not possible assuming it involves core drilling, plus installing plus electricals plus making good. There's always supposedly some guy doing it, call their bluff and ask them for his name and contact details and have a chat with him to find out what's involved.

Not just that if they have teams doing three a day they will soon reach saturation point in your area. Not a wise move if you have to burn bridges.

I reckon she was the one laughing pal, because it is do able, seen it done day in day out for years, some other threads about with all relevant info on

If its a Posi vent, they dont require core cutting

Cut a 10-12 inch hole on the landing ceiling, screw vent down in loft, take supply from lighting to F/S 3a fuse in, flex to unit, job done

3 a day is possible, even more, depends what the pricing is like

As I understand it, positive pressure fans take air from the loft and blow it down through a hole in the ceiling into the landing/hallway. This recovers a little heat from the loft and, by slightly pressurising the house, stops cold draughts at doors and windows. I guess there's also a filter to stop dust from the loft being blown into the house.

Edit, as he says above ^^^^^^^

It's the is possible that frightens me you don't sound so sure and as I no you've got to get in to these property's which can be frustrating when your against the clock

No someone else comes in and plasters

I kid you not they can be done, ive been on them myself and done them, its serious hard graft, but worth it when your quids in at the end of the day

Last one i did, started at 7.30am and finished at 6pm, that one was plastered and full alarm system fitted, no corners cut etc.. 2 electricians and 1 labourer lifting boards/plastering up etc..

Lol we just saw two kitchens in a day yesterday. Revites I think he's on about, Hands up even in my hayday I could'nt do a rewire in a day even in an empty property.

Lol takes me ages to answer - I crossed your post. I meant on my own , not a team.

i suppose it is possible with enough men, this agency wanted me on my own on elecy mates wages to rewire on my own a property a day then electrician sighn it off at the end of job!!!
i felt like phoning the police on her for cruelty. wish i new who it was it could of gone on the companies to name and shame list.

Reply to 3 installs a day??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock