Discuss 3 lights, 2 switch panel, and no clue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Drone2381

DIY
Reaction score
I'm trying to help an older neighbor that bit off more than he can chew. It was a two switch light panel that controlled a shower light(one switch) and also a closet light and overhead light(both tied to the 2nd switch). He removed the existing switch panel in an attempt to change which lights were ties together. Wants the shower and closet together with the overhead light not tied with either. Now of course up on my arrival nothing is labeled or makes sense to my novice eyes. I'm handy and competent but in no way an electrician. Is this something I can manage hopefully with your help?

15717921146983207416227162917318.jpg

I am moving this to the American forum. We have a few American members but to be honest whether they can advise from afar you would have to be hopeful rather than confident now it is all disconnected.

I'm trying to help an older neighbor that bit off more than he can chew. It was a two switch light panel that controlled a shower light(one switch) and also a closet light and overhead light(both tied to the 2nd switch). He removed the existing switch panel in an attempt to change which lights were ties together. Wants the shower and closet together with the overhead light not tied with either. Now of course up on my arrival nothing is labeled or makes sense to my novice eyes. I'm handy and competent but in no way an electrician. Is this something I can manage hopefully with your help?

View attachment 53305
Drone it is impossible for me to help you with that picture can you take a more clearer picture

Reply to 3 lights, 2 switch panel, and no clue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi! We recently moved into a new mobile home and want to install a few smart switches. I know about installing box as these are not self contained...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace a regular light switch with a switch/outlet combo but am a bit lost. There are 3 separate wires coming into the box and I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello, DIYer and first time poster here. Recently bought a house built in 1925, and am gradually working through adding and replacing the wiring...
Replies
Views
We are working on updating a house from 1981. A little backstory about the house: the previous owner bought it new and, based on stories from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock