Discuss 3 Phase Control Relay in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to HV Electrical Stuff. I am trying to use a emergency stop button to kill power to BOX A remotely.

The wall socket has 3 phase 380V supply without neutral. I want to introduce a control relay between BOX A and Wall socket. The remotely operated cable (20 metres) with Emergency stop button is connected as control input (0-24VDC) to relay. When the emergency stop button is pressed remotely, the control relay in-turn kills power to BOX A. Also planning to use a trip switch for manual intervention to turn the power back on again.
I am not sure what type of relays to use and how to wire them up. Is just relay sufficient and trip switch sufficient or does it need anything else ?

Hi and welcome. Your mention of emergency stop buttons suggests this is a safety critical control function. It is important to use the correct components and installation methods to achieve safety, and I think this is slightly beyond what we can advise on the forum given your unfamiliarity with control systems. I also note that your avatar flag shows you to be in the UK, although you describe your location as India. There may be significant differences in accepted practice for this type of work between the two countries.

I would suggest seeking advice from an experienced electrician who is familiar with local regulations for machine controls.

Reply to 3 Phase Control Relay in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
For power outages, my solar inverter (+battery) is able to take on the entire house load - as long as I unplug my collection of vintage kettles...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, We have a CNC router which uses single phase for the spindle, stepper motors and control box. This is all wired in and working...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock