Discuss 3 Phase Metering (opinions please) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

E14RKS

Hi, recently called to a local industrial unit, Basically theres a car showroom and two smaller industrial units, At the moment theres one 3 Phase head (100A) running all three units, The car showroom currently pays the bill and the two smaller units pay a set amount towards it, (however im sure the two smaller units are using more than what they pay each month, Now the three occupants of the units are keen to somehow get it divided properly, my main question is, would there supplier beable to fit three seperate meters off the one 100a 3 phase head, that way i could submain them correctly and therefore each unit would get there own bill, if this is possible does anybody know which channels to go down and what sort of costs are normally involved,
look forward to hearing from people,
many thanks

Why not just fit sub meters in the other 2 smaller units, then they can see exactly how many units kwh they will have used.

Car showroom can then work it out exactly what they owe.

hi david, yes i did think if fitting sub meters to the smaller units, however a £8000 arrears has been just cleared. and the two occupants in the smallers units dont want this happening in future, they both want bills direct from the suppliers so it can be used in there books etc, instead of just chipping in towards the electric via the car showroom.?

billythe kid, cheers for your advice, i was going to divide the three units up, ie one meter controling one three phase feed to each unit, what would your concerns be regarding sub metering to relevant accuracy? so does anybody see a reason the supplier wouldnt put in three meters on one three phase head.

Tell EDF or whoever it is you want 3 meters then.
If submetering were to be used and the garage issues proper invoices the accounts of all three users should be no problem. It would also work out cheaper as the standing charge is divided by 3 and not muliplied by 3.

Reply to 3 Phase Metering (opinions please) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock