Discuss 3 phase metering in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening Gents,
I have been tasked at work to install a 3 phase meter measuring power usage in a commercial kitchen area.My question is - Is there are a product out there which can be permanently clamped around a three phase cable which provides a digital display and will provide, a record of kw usage and will record , daily/weekly monthly usage . I doubt if there is a item of this equipment available but hey ho you never know.

Cheers

Sparky 63

Evening Gents,
I have been tasked at work to install a 3 phase meter measuring power usage in a commercial kitchen area.My question is - Is there are a product out there which can be permanently clamped around a three phase cable which provides a digital display and will provide, a record of kw usage and will record , daily/weekly monthly usage . I doubt if there is a item of this equipment available but hey ho you never know.

Cheers

Sparky 63
why not chop into board supply and put a 3ph meter in.

smart meters have the features you seek so your friendly local wholesaler should be able to get one

Evening Gents,

Cheers

Sparky 63
Yes and they are very common, try google, a wonderful tool, I bet it will take seconds to see what you are looking for.

Yes and they are very common, try google, a wonderful tool, I bet it will take seconds to see what you are looking for.

He was only asking Mike:sifone:

Hi there, I was trying not to chop into the board and rather try to adopt a system that works on toroidal transformer being wrapped around the cable, and the currents being induced into the metering

OWL do a three phase version of their home energy monitoring system, it goes up to 200A/phase with the larger CTs.

This looks like the solution called for in this case. Far cheaper than any of the CT metering setups I have ever come across... by a long shot !

Hi Dave does this equipment require a direct electrical connection to phases ?

It requires batteries and the rest is done with CTs, you just have to program the supply voltage and any other parameters you need.

I used this as a rudimentary way of monitoring a generator at a festival a couple of years ago.

Reply to 3 phase metering in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net