Discuss 3 phase motor in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

Its not often i work with 3 phase so am looking for a bit of advise on cable and circuit breaker size. I have a job to install an isolator for a motor extraction in a small spray booth getting installed in a workshop. I was planning on using 2.5mm single core cable in already installed metal trunking with a 6A type c triple pole circuit breaker. The detail i have on it is
500 BDA
[email protected]
1.5kw motor
2640rpm - 2pole
400w 3 phase 50hz
d90s
FLC 3.0A
SC 21A

How did you calculate the mcb size and cable size?
What did the manufacturer say when you asked them what supply they recommend?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cable size is fine for that load. You could go C16 for OCPD if Zs is satisfactory. That fan will spin up quick so start current will be very short. C6 would be fine. Your data states a starting current of 21A with a running current of 3A.

Wot they said. ^^^^
If your ZS is ok the C16 will be ok for short circuit and overload protection of the supply. Then stick an isolator near the motor with a suitably rated DOL which comes combined with an overload device which is suitably rated for the motor.

Don't try to protect the fan with the MCB, protect the circuit with the MCB and use a DOL starter or manual motor starter to protect the motor.

Reply to 3 phase motor in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am looking for a connection diagram or sugestions for a 2.2Kw single phase motor to drive a compressor. The spec plate shows that it can be...
Replies
Views
Absolutely losing my brain here guys What I would like to be able to do is power our 3 phase motor on a single phase supply. Thought I had it...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have recently purchased a motor soft starter from aliexpress for a 3 phase motor Before connecting load I measured the input and...
Replies
Views
Good day to you. I need electrical drawings urgently and hopefully there is someone that can assist me. They are all for electrical trade test...
Replies
Views
I have a single phase stainless steel pasteuriser that has two control boxes attached to it. One box houses the control for the electronics and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock