Discuss 3 Phase Motors in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

switched on

hi i have to wire up a few 3hp 5A 3 phase motors and usually use a 3 core swa but is there an alternative cable to use apart from singles?? Thanks for your help in advance

many industry driven motors have interlocked isolators, where a pair is also used, so when the isolater is in the off posistion the feed is also cut via a contactor

why do you want to use another cable???
SY cable seems more expensive and perhaps as difficult to terminate.
In an industrial setting mechanical protection is needed.:confused:

Depending on the situation of coarse ! But I always prefer to see plastic shrouded armoured copex with swivel , top hat glands for motor connections as it gives good mechanical protection whilst still allowing good flexibility for maintenance and such like . It also means you can easily pull in new singles if ever needed which in turn I also find it a lot easer to connect singles into smaller motors and isolators as opposed to a multi core cable .

Reply to 3 Phase Motors in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am looking for a connection diagram or sugestions for a 2.2Kw single phase motor to drive a compressor. The spec plate shows that it can be...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, We have a CNC router which uses single phase for the spindle, stepper motors and control box. This is all wired in and working...
Replies
Views
Absolutely losing my brain here guys What I would like to be able to do is power our 3 phase motor on a single phase supply. Thought I had it...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have recently purchased a motor soft starter from aliexpress for a 3 phase motor Before connecting load I measured the input and...
Replies
Views
hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock