Discuss 3 phase or not 3 phase in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shocked

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all
came upon a 3 phase + N supply into a domestic property with only one of the phases being used to feed the c/u.
On the cert do i put down 3 phase or single phase
thanks
john

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

ruston

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Are the other phases supplying other installations not in that property , ie terraced houses?

P

Plonker 3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How many of the phases in the house have a meter fitted to them?

S

shocked

the other phases are not used at all,i assume they do not have fuses in holders

P

Plonker 3

Never assume anything, if no meters are installed for other phases then it is a single phase supply. Although I would put it down as a 4 wire 3 phase system, as long as that is what the main incoming cable is.n

ruston

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Never assume anything, if no meters are installed for other phases then it is a single phase supply. Although I would put it down as a 4 wire 3 phase system, as long as that is what the main incoming cable is.n
That's the way I would look at it too.

S

shocked

Only 1 x single phase meter fitted so I'll call it 4 wire 3 phase T-N-S supply but treat it on the cert as a single phase supply.
thanks Dillb and ruston

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to 3 phase or not 3 phase in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom