Discuss 3 phase pizza oven in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jagermini

Hi, just a quick query about a 3 phase pizza oven folks? The oven is 9 kVA, the run from the board to the isolator is 7 meters swa run in plastic trunking, so I'm calculating;

9 kVA = 9,000 W at near 1 PF (it's an oven so far as I remember it is practically PF 1)

9000 / (root3 X 400) = 12.99

Design current of 12.99 A so therefore a MCB of 16 A

I've not got tables to hand, but I think 4 sq cable should suffice for this.

That sound about right to any of you?

Cheers Engineer54, just don't have the tables with me. I'm used to oil & gas where the calculations are done by the engineers, and if in doubt, up the size. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay there's been a change, I was incorrect about equipment ratings, was just given specs for oven and it's actually 13.2 kW, not 9kW. Therefore;

13,200 / (root3 X 400) = 19.05

Design current of 19 A so therefore a MCB of 20 A.

And then now the 4sq cable would be correct in this circumstance?

Thanks again for the help folks.

I dont doubt the cable calcs but,can I ask why armour I use HOR7N for most commercial kitchen work, and I assume the trunk is already there or are you mounting the trunk also,
[h=3]Flexible Cords[/h]Table Applies to: Flexible cords such as 318-Y, 309-Y, H07RN-F, SY, CY, YY
Voltage:400V
Load:13kW / 23.45A
Length:7m
Method of Installation:Enclosed in conduit on a wall or in trunking
Cable Size:4mm²

Hey Pict, ah I was just saying swa to make the thread easier, and because that's what's used already in the property on other equipment. I will ask the supplier see if they have Silflex and plastic conduit though. I'm in a rural part of Ireland here, sometimes you've just gotta take what you can get.

Hi, just a quick query about a 3 phase pizza oven folks? The oven is 9 kVA, the run from the board to the isolator is 7 meters swa run in plastic trunking, so I'm calculating;

9 kVA = 9,000 W at near 1 PF (it's an oven so far as I remember it is practically PF 1)

9000 / (root3 X 400) = 12.99

Design current of 12.99 A so therefore a MCB of 16 A

I've not got tables to hand, but I think 4 sq cable should suffice for this.

That sound about right to any of you?

Why run the SWA in trunking you might as well use singles if your running it in trunking

That's it Pict, gotta make do.
Ian it's just that I can't run trunking right up to the board, just how it's set up down there. And I don't want to leave swa out all the way, as it's a kitchen, and it looks ****e. So I think silflex or something run through plastic conduit or trunking just to keep it a bit tidier looking, easier to clean, etc.

Not got my regs to hand but even for 20A then you probably wont have to go to 4mm swa, 2.5mm would be good enough although 4mm would be more belt and braces i agree........not sure what they installation method of swa in trunking is though! :smilewinkgrin:

edited as i read you probably arent going the swa route now. HO7RNF 2.5mm might be good for 20A though and probably easier to get hold of than 4mm.

Reply to 3 phase pizza oven in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock