Discuss 3 Phase Socket in Refrigerated Area in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jadele

-
Reaction score
I have been asked to fit a 3 Phase 32 amp socket in a refrigerated area thats under construction. The cables will be on the walls and then a lining company is to come in and install 100mm thick panels 30mm from the wall all over to create a insulated box. inside the unit. The panel guys will bring the cable through to the front so thats fine from that point.

My plan right now is to supply the socket in 4mm 5 core and terminate the armoured on first fix in to either a Stop End Conduit Box or Adaptable box. Once they panel the box wont be accessible hence the use of the five core and not using the SWA as earth etc. 2nd Fix with a 32Amp socket with integrated RCD.

Can anyone see a better way of doing it as bringing the armoured through and terminating in to the Socket doesn't appear to be possible due to it having to come in from the back and getting the radius on the cable in such small gap.

I have looked at an existing one in another unit and it looks like the armoured is just stripped at the back and the cores fed through the panel which I don't want to copy lol

Thanks

I have been asked to fit a 3 Phase 32 amp socket in a refrigerated area thats under construction. The cables will be on the walls and then a lining company is to come in and install 100mm thick panels 30mm from the wall all over to create a insulated box. inside the unit. The panel guys will bring the cable through to the front so thats fine from that point.

My plan right now is to supply the socket in 4mm 5 core and terminate the armoured on first fix in to either a Stop End Conduit Box or Adaptable box. Once they panel the box wont be accessible hence the use of the five core and not using the SWA as earth etc. 2nd Fix with a 32Amp socket with integrated RCD.

Can anyone see a better way of doing it as bringing the armoured through and terminating in to the Socket doesn't appear to be possible due to it having to come in from the back and getting the radius on the cable in such small gap.

I have looked at an existing one in another unit and it looks like the armoured is just stripped at the back and the cores fed through the panel which I don't want to copy lol

Thanks
What is on the other side of the wall that the insulation panels are being fixed to - could you bring the cable down there and terminate the armour where it is accessible and then feed the cores through the wall in a suitable manner?

Reply to 3 Phase Socket in Refrigerated Area in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net