Discuss 3 phase supply cost in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea how much UKPN would charge for a 3 phase 100A supply. There is an overhead transformer less than 100m away from the property & the poles go right pass feeding the building next door.

There may not be any spare capacity on the existing Transformer and or Network so as James, anything from ? to ???????.
UKPN will have to survey and quote and they'll need to know your Estimated Max demand.

Ask them for a price,

could be anything between 1k and and 50k
And at 50k you could be well under had a price back in 2002 for a single phase supply from a pole mounted Tx about 70 - 80m from the site we were on and we were quoted 120k

I never understand why people believe there is a never ending supply of electricity from the existing network and just because they have a local transformer it will be a cheap quote

If you get a reasonable price and decide to have 3ph you need to calculate in the extra cost of a standing charge for having 3ph as opposed to single, this may vary from supplier to supplier but it can add up over the months and yrs.

Is the transformer three phase? They are often single phase in rural areas. Would the cable be in private land? if so you could do the excavation yourself to save costs.

Reply to 3 phase supply cost in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views
3 Phase Smart Meter EDMI ES -30 B Install I have a question regarding the potential replacement of my existing EON supplied ELSTER A1140 3...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I built a house with ground source heating 5 years ago and it's a fairly large house so I have 3 phase supply 80 amps per phase. I had...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
So far I have never had to deal with a new supply but a possible site we are looking at will need some major changes and so I wondered if folks...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock