Discuss 3 phase tennants meter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

thekingiam

been asked to quote for a local car was firm who wants there own meter to check how much electricity they are using.
landlord has his own set up and they want to check they are not being ripped off.
have been told its 3 phase which i can't see a problem with, but was thinking of how some buissinesses tarifs are calculated a meter i put in would only show kwh used.
any other advise always welcome.

Are they being charged on an MD tariff? Would seem unlikely for a landlord's sub meter. Most modern electronic DB metering solutions can give MD and PF readings anyway.

havent seen customer yet so was looking into what i can ask them.as far as i can see its a lorry park with the car wash unit being the custommer. anyone recomend a 3 phase meter? my local wilts a bit vague in catalogue.

I reckon they will just be getting charged by the unit. Would be worth finding out though and then deciding whether el-cheapo refurb dial meter or a decent smartmeter is the order of the day

If they are being charged extra per unit it is worth noting that there is a maximum resale price set by law,to prevent unscrupulous people making a fortune.

just had a look wants a three phase meter to connect to a small water pump and also a single phase supply for outside lights etc. meter to be installed next to original supply, they have a three phase board supplying the internal workshop and i was wondering if i could connect the meter to this then from meter to a socket for outside water pump and also to a single phase supply.
socket is going to be next to meter.

lol sorry, want to go from meter to a small three phase cu then from that cu to a three phase socket feeding water pump.also from that cu maybe to a single phase cu

thanks marvo but original landlords meter is old analogue so will put same cheap crap in for tennant.

Sudden realisation dawns I think,:confused5:

The tenants only want to monitor the usage for the three phase pump and the outside lights?

Therefore as you say get a 3 phase supply from the main board, connect that to a new 3 phase meter, then from out of the meter go to a new (small) 3 phase board, running the pump and the outside lights.

Reply to 3 phase tennants meter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock