Discuss 3 pole mcb in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

No. If there is a fault on one circuit you do not want the other two circuits going down.

This is common practice for large scale lighting, why can't you change the triple pole for single pole devices. I can't see a reason why you cannot but as Spoon says a fault on one you lose the others. If you can't change the triple pole you could run the sockets from a triple pole and neutral switch-fuse.

Thanks for the replies, after questioning the way it's been done, the reply was if you take the pin out linking the switch at the front it then becomes 2 singles. But surely it's linked somewhere inside ???

Just tell the maintenance bloke to do whatever he wants then and walk away. Some people you cant help.

Why do you need to know, are you doing an EICR or have you just got into a debate with him about it.

I just said about the fact there was a about 60 metre extension cord plugged into a socket and then another 20 metre extension plugged into that extension, was thinking it was not safe.
And the fact that in between the two there was a consumer unit and if any spare poles in the consumer unit would be safer wiring direct and adding sockets ????

Sounds like a typical factory, I wouldn't get too involved unless he specifically asks you about them.

Come on then OP.. What was done?

Reply to 3 pole mcb in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock