Discuss 3 position switch ; ON-OFF-ON in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello
I'm after a switching solution to my shed exterior lighting.
The shed is located 20metres from my house and is currently switched locally by a standard weatherproof on/off switch.
I'd like to have remote switching to illuminate my path down to shed.
I've looked at PIR switching but the range seems to be limited to about 12 metres.
I've looked at wireless switching but that's very expensive.
I like the idea of photocell switching but i'd like the option of an override facility to manually switch on the light before twilight or after dusk or to switch the lights off completely i.e when i'm away from home.
I was thinking of a switch that can switch the line conductor ON-OFF-ON and to be weatherproof.
Cheers

Hello
I'm after a switching solution to my shed exterior lighting.
The shed is located 20metres from my house and is currently switched locally by a standard weatherproof on/off switch.
I'd like to have remote switching to illuminate my path down to shed.
I've looked at PIR switching but the range seems to be limited to about 12 metres.
I've looked at wireless switching but that's very expensive.
I like the idea of photocell switching but i'd like the option of an override facility to manually switch on the light before twilight or after dusk or to switch the lights off completely i.e when i'm away from home.
I was thinking of a switch that can switch the line conductor ON-OFF-ON and to be weatherproof.
Cheers
Why do you need that arrangement?

Hi dude,i suppose you are going to be asked,if you are simply changing a fitting,or altering the switching arrangements of a circuit...

You are correct that it is not notifiable, but that is irrelevant.
Didn't realise this was a DIYer!
Just move the switch closer to your house using suitable cable. Swa for instance.
Cheers Bill but I've got no solid structure between shed and house i.e wall / fence and do not fancy digging up the lawn. Too much distance for a catenary wire.

Reply to 3 position switch ; ON-OFF-ON in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock