Discuss 30 to 40 PIR in a DAY!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gooner1984

Morning guys,

Just had a phone call of a company. Who do PIR in large
Industrial premise. Wanted to know how many I can do in a day.and he said he has one guy who can do 30 to 40!!! "can you do the same" I said not a chance he can't be doing any inspecting. He's answer was "well he starts at 6am and finishes at 10 pm. And when I said no thanks. He then said what about PAT testing. We have guys doing 350 per day can you match it. I said how much are you paying them he said 40p an item.
Is it me or is this a joke. Is someone trying to wind me up on a Friday :banghead::banghead:

There is no way he can do 30 to 40 a day. Ok its a 16 hour day but that still is 2 PIRs an hour to get 35 done. That does not take lunch or tea breaks into account. It has to be a joke

Firnm I work for expect 45 circuits a day in hotel enviroment but the circuits are mostly 6 lights 4 sockets 1heater all radials in 1 room and the submains to room db works out on average not to bad a day UNLESS you hit a problem even then I get 5hrs perjob "remedial time" for code1s and any code 2s that can be done at time of testing
other sites we do are more a case of 10hrs per site ( easliy done ) others are done on a time taken basis

They can do as many as they like because there is no one and that includes the registration company they are with will not say a thing about it but wait until you come up for your assesment and you will feel like you have been put through a ringer.

Also remember its Friday and I have had 3 calls already 1. Fuel card 2. The police have asked me to call you 3. Google you need to pay us so that your website will be seen and its not even 11 yet

What’s the name of the company? I’m sure I can cope with that without getting out of bed!

A guy I worked with did M&Q statuary testing, every morning he’d show up at work. OK today I’m going to --- plant and off he’d go, never to be seen again that day! He had two cars. Arrive at work in car 1, drive home in car 2, return at knocking off time in car 2 and then drive home in car 1.

He finally got caught out with testing a plant we’d demolished 5 months before.

I was his shop steward! When we went in to the dismissal hearing my foreman (a devout catholic) passed me a medal, St Jude, patron saint of the desperate. It was no contest!

There called drive by PIR. The ad reads no test gear required no previoes experience needed as full training will be provided must be able to fill out Certs while driving. And own tools a bonus. But not a essentral, As you won't be using them

That has to be circuits, the guy on the other end of the phone probably didn't know what he was talking about.

Generally, 40 circuits a day is next to impossible unless you've got a room full of radials and a nicely marked-up DB.....

I must up my rate of work, I am sure that the minimum inspection is 1.0% isn't it, I must have misread the rules!
Just walking between test points on a large building can take ten minutes on a single circuit let alone actually testing. I do despair, just makes it all so pointless, just a paperwork exercise no regard for safety at all.

haha gooner that made me crack up
i love to see this guy do 30 or 40 pirs in london pubs where every ****ed up tom dick and harry have a go and then jolly foreigner builds one of his finest 2x2 cuboards over a db with just a tiny 230V danger sticker hid in the corner
done one yesterday literally had every wiring code on the test sheet by the end!!
you turn off the bar ring and the whole place is pitch black !! love it

Reply to 30 to 40 PIR in a DAY!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net