Discuss 300w floodlight in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I came face to face with the chaps who stole my armoured cable, got the reg of the pick up, identity parade surprise surprise they all had beards, but where clean shaven when I saw them, also identity parade was two months after the event.

Also i guess in this situation a dog doesn't stop someone nicking out of your van if it's parked on the road.

You just need to do whatever you can to hopefully put them off. Thieving will always happen whilever the human race is alive.

Reverse your van up to a wall. Put PIR lights up. CCTV pointing at it. Etc etc. Make it hard work for them wherever it is possible

The idea that a dog is going to stop a burglar only shows a real lack of experience in the security industry
Unless the dog is trained to only eat on command you are really putting the dog at risk of the poisoned meat through the letterbox and before anyone dismisses it I do have real life experience of it happening , if you can't train the dog to eat on command then you then need to consider different letterbox arrangements i.e. external box and block up the existing one at the door. I know of a number of cases where the "guard" dog has been poisoned and subsquently died while the premises was burgled going back to the 80's, I know of a couple of cases where the dog was trained to eat on command and waited for the breakin and the best one was a dog a mate of my dad's owned he stayed silent while a guy climbed through one of top opening windows in a downstairs room and when his feet touched the ground the dog bit his rear end and he left the same way taking his injured rear with him as he came in leaving a piece of his trousers in the dogs mouth a little while later when he came home from work the dog greeted him with the evidence and after a phone call to the police they took the evidence and arrested a man at one of the local hospitals who was getting treated who was missing the exact same piece of his trousers

With CCTV I sometimes find it is better to install more covert cameras and install visible dummy cameras or a mix of visible working and dummy cameras to catch out any thieves that may be prowling
In the past I have done a lot covert CCTV work and there where quite a number of convictions based on the video evidence I captured which is why I favour the covert method as you capture more when those who are prowling have their guard down and think you can't see them

Its
The idea that a dog is going to stop a burglar only shows a real lack of experience in the security industry
Unless the dog is trained to only eat on command you are really putting the dog at risk of the poisoned meat through the letterbox and before anyone dismisses it I do have real life experience of it happening , if you can't train the dog to eat on command then you then need to consider different letterbox arrangements i.e. external box and block up the existing one at the door. I know of a number of cases where the "guard" dog has been poisoned and subsquently died while the premises was burgled going back to the 80's, I know of a couple of cases where the dog was trained to eat on command and waited for the breakin and the best one was a dog a mate of my dad's owned he stayed silent while a guy climbed through one of top opening windows in a downstairs room and when his feet touched the ground the dog bit his rear end and he left the same way taking his injured rear with him as he came in leaving a piece of his trousers in the dogs mouth a little while later when he came home from work the dog greeted him with the evidence and after a phone call to the police they took the evidence and arrested a man at one of the local hospitals who was getting treated who was missing the exact same piece of his trousers

With CCTV I sometimes find it is better to install more covert cameras and install visible dummy cameras or a mix of visible working and dummy cameras to catch out any thieves that may be prowling
In the past I have done a lot covert CCTV work and there where quite a number of convictions based on the video evidence I captured which is why I favour the covert method as you capture more when those who are prowling have their guard down and think you can't see them

It's fundamentally about making your property unattractive to thieves. Anything you can do to make them decide to try somewhere else.

I agree, you can never stop thieves altogether.

Most thieves are chancers not organised criminals carrying around dog meat and poison.

Dogs bark which alerts people to the presence and stops thieves breaking into your actual property 99% of the time.

As for CCTV, the thieves who tried to crowbar open my old man's windows laughed and pointed at them.

I'm gonna go ahead and say a dog is better since CCTV is only effective for catching people once they've already robbed you and doesn't prevent crime, hence them being caught on the CCTV in the first place.

Most thieves are chancers not organised criminals carrying around dog meat and poison.

Dogs bark which alerts people to the presence and stops thieves breaking into your actual property 99% of the time.

As for CCTV, the thieves who tried to crowbar open my old man's windows laughed and pointed at them.

I'm gonna go ahead and say a dog is better since CCTV is only effective for catching people once they've already robbed you and doesn't prevent crime, hence them being caught on the CCTV in the first place.
Dream on

With over 30 years involvement in the security alarm industry I have seen most things, the chancers are the ones who mainly target vehicles, those hitting property generally do it for a reason hence why the poisoned steak through the letterbox is a common one to get the dog out of the way, over the years I know of too many dogs lost this way that was more upsetting for the owners than the break in was

Ok so it sounds like the ones targeting your old mans place were a bunch of amateur chancers if they couldn't get past a upvc window frame

Pull a shotgun and the little thriving scrotes run to the law and say YOU threatened THEM…..

Im surprised they don’t claim against snappy guard dogs…. Saying they’re dangerous animals etc etc

Pull a shotgun and the little thriving scrotes run to the law and say YOU threatened THEM…..

Im surprised they don’t claim against snappy guard dogs…. Saying they’re dangerous animals etc etc

And that's a big problem. Too many defence lawyers pushing ridiculous excuses for the scrotes.

Reply to 300w floodlight in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net