Discuss 303 Theroy test in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

leatherman

Hello i currently have a test in a few day's for 303, ill be honest iv got a lost of stuff to revise, if any 1 could help - give some input into any of these, would be grateful thanks :)

Live and dead testing
Acceptable values insulation resistance
Maxim loop values
Ring final cct test procedure
fault finding procedure
Precautions - Capacitors/batteries/fibre optic cables
Disposal of waste
Restoration of building fabric
Repair of systems - Cost / Influences factors
Replacement of equipments - cost / Influences factors
Online / Offline switching
When faults can occur
Types of fault
Downtime due to faults
Transient Voltages
Electrostatic Precautions
Precautions with IT systems
Use of UPS

Cheers

'your skin's like leather, your a leatherman'

Hey there.

A lot of that list is in BS 7671, havn't got mine to hand right now so can't help with page numbers sorry, but if you have access then you will find most of it in there.

Ins Res values are 0.5ohm, 1ohm and 1ohm for 250V, 500V and 1000V.

All the loop values are in there, testing sequences, electrostatic precautions. Need to get a hold of the regs book mate, she'll see you right.;)

i have the reg's book and on site guide!

Guess i need to dive though it and find some page numbers

All the max earth fault loop values are on pages - 48, 49, + 50 of ol' red
Transient voltages - ol' red
Test sequences will be in OSG/GN3
UPS ol'red

Seems like some of it would be in your course notes - restoration of building fabric, disposal of waste, downtime.

Types of fault - short circuit, overload, line - earth, neutral - earth, line - line

Last edited by a moderator:
Every sparky should of took this test.. or why the hell am i taking it!

Some of us did our training before the C&G 2330 course (I'm assuming this is what you mean) even existed. That is why not every spark has done it!

We were doing our best to help with your query even though we aren't familiar with the exam you mention.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, got mine on Thursday - try Brittania Training Ltd website - they have some 303 papers to purchase - might give an insight to what the questions will be like

Regards

Reply to 303 Theroy test in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock