Discuss 3036 rewirable fuses in 1st floor flat in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

adamh

I have been asked to do a landlord safety check on a 1st floor flat the board is a 4way wylex rewireable unit and im just wondering if i can still pass this as there will be no additions just the safety check?

3036 rewirable fuses in 1st floor flat

With reference to the above I had the niceic man out yesterday for my yearly visit now he told me a code 2 was a unsatisfactory under 17th regs
Assuming the flat is old and cables buried in walls
also there is no rcd protection for cables concealed in wall or partions
Which you would give a code 4 to
But remember your name is on the periodic

hope this helps

3036 rewirable fuses in 1st floor flat

With reference to the above I had the niceic man out yesterday for my yearly visit now he told me a code 2 was a unsatisfactory under 17th regs
Assuming the flat is old and cables buried in walls
also there is no rcd protection for cables concealed in wall or partions
Which you would give a code 4 to
But remember your name is on the periodic

hope this helps

wow so does that mean that no install pre 17th will be a full pass on a periodic?

NICEIC are up there own arses - the Regs aren't retrospective. The current Regs only apply to work carried out NOW. Any work carried out in the past was applicable to the Regs at that time.
If I bought myself a car from the 50s, I wouldn't be expected to fit seat belts in it!

Don't forget the rating on the 3036 in a domestic is only 1ka (at least it was before 17th). So you'll have to compare that to the PFC incoming.
bigal

Remember, code 4 only means "does not comply with current regulations".
Code 4 would apply to every installation that does not have rcd protection on cables buried in walls except blah blah.....
Code 4's do not equate to an unsatisfactory periodic report.

hi i just been to test an installation witch has BS3036 rewirable fuses cos the person was sayin the lamps keep blowin upstairs did insulation resistence test tht was fine 299M ohms did a loop test and tht came in at 279ohm my verdict was possable overload also did insulation resistence oh heating sully cable found a fault between line and neutrel reading wos 1.08 not rite att all wot do recken fellas???

supply thts ment to be lol cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek::eek::eek::eek: then your ir readings a the least of your worries try and get them to have a 17th ed cu fitted
check to see what earthing system the flat has if its not tt something has gone wrong, even on tt i would be aiming for 100ohms at cu

i did mention to her to hav a 17th slit load board and rewire upstairs lights and heating supply but its all down to cost at the end of the day she said i cant realy afford lol she asked me if it was safe and i told her no cos theres a fault somewhere if thy dont get the work done wot can i do i cant hold em at gun point lol

Reply to 3036 rewirable fuses in 1st floor flat in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock