Discuss 30W LED Flood Light with PIR & Manual Override in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Gents

Having a lot of trouble sourcing a 30W led flood with pir that I can reflex with an additional core to bi-pass the pir.

Ideally it would be great if the flood came with this "bi-pass wire" but cant source anything that isn't sealed.

Has anybody been down this road?

Can anybody recommend a floodlight or supplier ?

Regards

I use a standalone Zinc PIR and a Osram Ledvance 20w or 50w floodlight, controlled by a 3 position switch so it can be on sensor, on permanent or off.

i know i can do it seperate but would prefer an all in fitting, i got a hold of one before and cant for the life of me remember what brand it was or where i got it from, was hoping someone on here maybe have used one

CEF (amonst others) do one with remote control. fitted 3 the other week. set up time,lux, etc. from remote, also manual control from remote.

I think most led floods I have fitted have had the old on/off on/off activation of override mode that older halogens used to feature.

Don't use the ELD ones (they were microwave ones with a remote)
I would suggest seperate PIR's in more than one location and stand alone lights, then when one PIR is triggered ALL the lights come on
The over ride is as others have said.
I prefer seperartes as maintenance is easier.

Reply to 30W LED Flood Light with PIR & Manual Override in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I want to buy two of the above for my property. I am on a budget. The property can get battered by driving rain, finding an outdoor LED flood...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Driven by the recent colossal hikes in the cost of electricity I hit upon the wizard wheeze of replacing some of the existing LED bulbs in our own...
Replies
Views
So I recently installed some flood lights on the side of a commercial building for the safety of staff at night, they are PIR flood lights...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock