Discuss 32A ring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Can someone confirm longest legth for a ring main using 4mm singles P,N & E that can be run without exceeding max voltage drop or Ze ?

I have a length in mind, but don't wish to appear a ----, so will await some answers and then nod my head in agreement :)

Thanks in advance

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
G

Grae79

i've got about 105m for max voltage drop of 9.2V; using 32A for Ib and clipped direct.

take it you mean Zs not Ze?

G

Grae79

for 105m i get 1.36Ω for Zs...which is OVER the max. of 1.2Ω (1.15Ω for 17th). using a TN-C-S supply and a 32A type B 60898.

therefore the length of the circuit would need to be reduced to bring it into compliance with the max Zs. (would do the math but have had one of those days :()

Max circuit length to comply with both voltage drop and Zs is: 88.6m (83.4m for 17th)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MacSparky

i've got about 105m for max voltage drop of 9.2V; using 32A for Ib and clipped direct.
Would you mind explaining your method for this Grae! only i am doing this at college at the moment and got a completely different figure.....:confused:

M

MacSparky

16.1 m based on table 6D2 osg methods 3&4 .....pat tester mentioned the 4mm in singles! :(

S

Shakey

for 105m i get 1.36Ω for Zs...which is under the max. of 1.5Ω. using a TN-C-S supply and a 32A type B 60898.
yep 1.36 for Zs. Tabulated value of 1.5 (1.44 in 17th edition)

so max value that you be allowed to read on the circuit is 1.12 ohms, and so the 1.36 would not comply. thats why we dont design to the maximum!

G

Grae79

good call Shakey, my bad. took value out of wee brown amicus book; assumed it was the adjusted value. know what they say about assumptions... :(

edited post to avoid any confusion, cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to 32A ring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom