Discuss 32mm PVC conduit...? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Think I may have used this years ago but not sure....?

Anyone know if there is such a thing please? Probably be needing 4 lengths, few couplers and an angle box

Got to run in a 10mm supply across an external wall but customer wont go for SWA ! Cant go inside either, ummmm.

Next thing is what do you reckon mny chances are I'll get 3 x 10mm down there (singles) and round a bend, hopefully :uhoh2:

Cheers then,

Sy

Last edited:
Trading Depot - High Impact PVC Conduit

In with a fighting chance of getting it in, just might need a few elephants to pull it through. Any chance of breaking the conduit down into stages IE attaching the bend and latter stage to the wall later (I wouldn't try to pull it through to an access connector).

Oooops!! ... Just re-read the OP again, 4 lengths , so around 12 metres, so your right, maybe a tad to long for a direct pull, in one go!! lol!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will fit in 25mm, have done it before myself, with quite a few bends aswell, just make sure you use through boxes as often as you can (as Lenny said earlier)

PVC conduit outside is always awful, regardless of how well its been installed.

I disagree, conduit always looks ''Good'' when it's installed well!! It can look a dammed sight better than a SWA installation, held in place by 5000 cable cleats, ...which is the Only way to keep a wall mounted SWA cable straight and level without any sagging....

But granted, it does take a little more skill and thought to install a conduit run well!!!

Edit ....I may have exaggerated a little on the number of cleats needed!! ...lol!!

OK pulling the cables in is a pain if you don’t know what you’re doing. French chalk or even talcum powder makes the job easier, as does a mate keeping the cores going in without any twists. 12 metres straight should be no problem. 32mm seems a bit big to me for 3 x 10mm. For the bends I personally would use inspection bends and no through boxes.
As for SWA I agree with E54 it looks a mess outside.

Reply to 32mm PVC conduit...? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net