Discuss 380v machine info required in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Rockceramics

Hi
I`m looking for some info on 3 phase.
I have inquired about a polishing machine from Italy that is 380v
I have no knowledge of electrical issues.

My Question is can the power supply on the machine be converted to 110v for site work purposes?

Any advice would be grateful

I have an ice-cream van and want to know if it can be converted to sell hotdogs!

Without anything more than a voltage then we can't really say but I'll give you a educated guess at not without a lot of cost and hassle if your looking at 110v.

Have you got a link or anything?
Is this a portable item?
What is the current demand per phase?
.......you get my drift we lack too much info to even hazard any kind of answer.

Unfortunately Ican’t contact them at the moment as they are in Italy.
But like said I don't have any idea on power supply electrical issues.
This is al I got at the moment

Power 400 V

Motor rpm-1400 rpm

Plate rpm and peripheral speed-466 rpm– 468 m/min

Power-4 kW – 3phase

Voltage-400 V

Three-phase motor driven byfrequency inverter

`l try and attach photo

380v machine info required {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

You would need a new drive, the controls may need to be adapted or changed and maybe the motor too if it cant be converted to 220v to match the drive output, as well as that I think they don't make inverters over 1.5kw that change single phase 110v to 3ph 220v...

If they did the supply side would be possibly 32amp if not more which isn't always available on-site, 16amp been the norm!

Basically forget it as fitting all this within the same frame is a big problem too, typical of Italy selling to uk under EU compliance but not meeting the stricter rules we have over-here for our electrical goods.. Im forever coming across Italian machinery that breaches our own BS codes and these are new products. Also if you make any alterations and/or amendments you take on the responsibility of the safety of the equipment and release the manufacturer of any ties to the product.

some time ago my mate brought his spray-plastering machine from his home country. three phase too, he bought a generator and was powering it using that, you may have a look on that option...

some time ago my mate brought his spray-plastering machine from his home country. three phase too, he bought a generator and was powering it using that, you may have a look on that option...
So the 110v site requirement is met using a 3ph 400v generator how?

Does it absolute have to be 110v for UK site work? Could he run it on it's native voltage using an RCD for example?

I also posted in response to the OP requesting it be 110v for site work so Im in the thinking he's checked already both the availability and permission to use 3ph 400v on site, there is no reason it can't be used if the site is controlled and measures taken for its use and as shanks expresses that the correct permissions have been got.

Only downside is an RCD on a machine with a motor drive might be an issue due to the filter circuitry using the CPC for a sink. It could have a considerable amount of functional standing leakage.

Hi
I`m looking for some info on 3 phase.
I have inquired about a polishing machine from Italy that is 380v
I have no knowledge of electrical issues.

My Question is can the power supply on the machine be converted to 110v for site work purposes?

Any advice would be grateful
No.
Don't even think about it.

Ive seen plenty of risk assessments for 400v tools/equipment on site and its all do able, alot more hassle than 110v from the OP point of view.

I take it this machine will be used near completion when all and sundry are not traipsing through, but may be used for long periods of time?

Id see how much hassle it causes by asking the relevant people on the jobs before spending money.

Reply to 380v machine info required in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock