Discuss 3phase supply to 3 single phase solar inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Solarspark

Hi all .First post .

I'm an electrician working for a solar company company.

We have a commercial solar install starting tomorrow.

The array is split into three lots of 33kw . I can't be certain on very more details than that for the time being.

It will have 3 single phase inverters but be fed via a three phase supply. My boss wants to meter it at the switch room db. (origin of supply) . Then split the phases at the location of the inverters via a connection box and not use a DB.

Is it me or is he out of his tree ? I full intend to force him to consult the niceic over this. But I would very much like to confidently tell him that he is a numpty when I see him in the morning .

Shirley he either needs to install a DB at the inverter location or run three separate circuits from the origin of supply ?

What do you guys think ?

Out of his tree.

So this is a 100kW installation and he doesn't want protection on the circuits.....

Non compliant on too many fronts.

Or do you mean 3 x 3.3kW? You can create your own db from a single phase board with a 4 pole main switch and three mcbs one for each circuit. As you know, each circuit must be protected, so that it would be just as cost effective to buy a small 3 phase board.

Putting the meter in the switchroom is OK, however depending upon the distance, it may be better to meter nearer the inverter (get paid for the losses :) )

You say you are an electrician, just check BS7671 no need to consult the NICEIC...

Reply to 3phase supply to 3 single phase solar inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net