Discuss 3rd party testing and certs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electricsafewm

Hi all ,
Spoke to napit today as i have heard all different things about 3rd party certification , they have said that it should have had the go ahead Saturday just gone but it has been delayed till october ,, what are your thoughts on this , i can see it will help some companies who just test and inspect get more work but i think on a whole it will just be more of an open door for more unqualified and unregistered persons to attemp things themselves and just pay for a test rather than a rewire for example.
I personally think it will generate more work in fault finding, rectifying problems and testing but i also think we will come across even more diabolical workmanship and unsafe systems.
Also i think many electricians wont need to register as they can get their registered mate to test and supply cert at end ,, not sure if thats a good thing or not ??

Just a continuation of the total mess that our trade has been going through for years mate. I reckon the government or whoever lays out all these recommendations only realise that they don't really know the best way to go forward with this. SCAM providers give me the hump! Although i must say that i do totally agree with testing and certification etc. Who really knows where we are going and when we will get there? I'm not sure either mate what is good or not anymore. Gotta keep working though!!

Its ********!!!!!(sorry mods for the language) but its a pile of poo!!! We all seem to moan about this crap and at the decline of the industry but realisticly, what can we do????? Ive only been in the trade for 6 years so I dont really know the standards that were set before but I would like to think it was higher than the standards that are about now....When I read some of E54's and Tony's post's and some of the other, older guys, I cant help but think, may be I wasnt taught to there standards!!! But I hope that one day, I will have half the knowledge they do!!!

Last edited:
That last post is very interesting. Only last month while flicking through "professional electrician", as you do! The mag had a "special report" about how the proposed changes would work etc. Well, after a page and a half, (some special report?) i was left feeling confused. Then, low and behold on the 2nd to last back page there was an advert to go on a course to train as a "third party assessor!" Seriously, have a look. I believe it was February's edition. It seems as though the "training company's" are making more profit than the actual sparks who attend them! IT'S A MASSIVE SCAM!!!!!!

That last post is very interesting. Only last month while flicking through "professional electrician", as you do! The mag had a "special report" about how the proposed changes would work etc. Well, after a page and a half, (some special report?) i was left feeling confused. Then, low and behold on the 2nd to last back page there was an advert to go on a course to train as a "third party assessor!" Seriously, have a look. I believe it was February's edition. It seems as though the "training company's" are making more profit than the actual sparks who attend them! IT'S A MASSIVE SCAM!!!!!!

I thought they had sucked the trade dry already

There may well be a pool of gullible sparks waiting in line to be qualified to certify what they are already qualified to certify
All for a building reg that existed,was not accepted,was watered down and is now history in waiting

You have to hand it to the these Training guys,they know how to create a niche market

Reply to 3rd party testing and certs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net