Discuss 3x Outside Lights. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

johnnyb

Got a Dilema my trusted compardrays if thats how you spell it. 3x outside light fittings illuminating a sign, Neweys own fitting on 400mm x 20mm conduit stems which have a threaded 20mm dome lid to screw to conduit box on the wall. We used 2x of those fixings that they use on pvc windows the ones that come with the outer plastic wrawl bit already on them, they are about 75mm long a real good fix, then on the inside of the conduit box a fibre washer with a rubber washer and a touch of silicon. You could bloomin swing on em, now this morning the customer has phoned us, telling us theres one hanging down, first thoughts bloomin kids, but when we got there it seems that they have sheared off about a 10mm piece left out of the back of the conduit box, does look as if its been tugged down as there is a sleight bend on the peice that was left in the back, but unfortunately it fell out when we were looking at it. How would you go on trying to explain to customer on Monday morn, as we did,nt see him today that its not our fault, and hes going to have to pay. The other 2 are still absolutely solid, as i re-checked them before we left. Would you lads just suck it and do it for nothing or what,

Hey mate.

This time I would probably repair for nowt as a gesture of good will. Explain to your customer though that it was broken by kids and if you can, show him how sound the others are.

Also explain that if it happens again through vandalism then you will have to charge as it isn't your fault. I think that the chap should be able to claim on his insurance for repairs such as this anyway.

Hope this helps

Cheers mate, i think i will, just that by the time that the scaffoldings being loaded up , me and my partner, need 2x as its a walk way lugging scaffold from van, bit of all expensive and a sickner, as its probably goin to happen again, its right at the side of a bye-pass walk over, and prime target. I think he will have to claim off his insurance next time. When we were first pricing job we said this would happen, but he is an old chap, and been a decent customer over the yrs, its one off them innit.

Reply to 3x Outside Lights. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock