• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss 4" trunking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

andyevo

I've got a load of 4" trunking which is minus all the bits to join it together and hold the lid on. The joiners are no problems as I can get those. It's just the brackets to hold the lid on I'm struggling to find. No matter how google I use. Does anybody know where you can get them from?

I didn't get it from a wholesalers. But I've tried various ones without success. Worst comes to worst I could get new lids for it with the 1/4 turn fasteners but would rather the cheaper option of finding the clips for the existing lid.

It's a folded metal bracket which hooks onto the top and bottom lip of the trunking with the snail like hole in the centre for the bolt to bolt the lid on. I would post a pic but I don't have enough signal where I am to.

I've got a load of 4" trunking which is minus all the bits to join it together and hold the lid on. The joiners are no problems as I can get those. It's just the brackets to hold the lid on I'm struggling to find. No matter how google I use. Does anybody know where you can get them from?
Make your own, drill the lid and tap the lip on the trunking with 4mm2 brass threaded bolts, Mind you it may look like a pigs ear, but if your going to use second hand kit with all the bits missing and do a rough Job then a few screws here and there holding the lid on may complement the Job overall LOL.

..but if your going to use second hand kit with all the bits missing and do a rough Job then a few screws here and there holding the lid on may complement the Job overall

Harsh.... but true. Why purchase trunking with bits missing... What are you not telling us...

Saw a good 'un last week in London (somewhere). Big revamp done by others.
Bit of a confined space above a suspended ceiling in a coffee bar. Trunking lid removed and left on ceiling before conduiting across and down wall. Only problem...he'd conduited above the lid and, as a result, couldn't remove it to fit on top.
Obviously too much of a problem, so left it.

Your right I didn't buy it I was given it. There where some clips in with it but I didn't think to check that they were all in there. My question was simply can you get the clips. There's no need to go on about how to bodge it as clearly I'm bodging the job by not using new trunking.

Ok ung what more info do you want? I can not see any manufacturer marks on any of it.

It's a folded metal bracket which hooks onto the top and bottom lip of the trunking with the snail like hole in the centre for the bolt to bolt the lid on. I would post a pic but I don't have enough signal where I am to.

Your right I didn't buy it I was given it. There where some clips in with it but I didn't think to check that they were all in there. My question was simply can you get the clips. There's no need to go on about how to bodge it as clearly I'm bodging the job by not using new trunking.

You actually hit the nail on the head in your second post, a picture is the best description of what you are trying to find and gives the best chance of identifying what you want I wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to how many trunking manufacturers there are now or have been and ceased trading so you may have a fruitless search and may have to be a bit inventive

Reply to 4" trunking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back